New Guy

johnkoestler

Hey Guys, I'm new here. Right now I'm serving in Iraq and bought my 2004 SSS that is just waiting for me to start the mods. The truck already has a Volant Ram Air Intake and a Gibson Single Swept exhaust for power mods. I have OBX headers waiting for me when I get home and I will also be adding a 160F Thermo and a Crane Cams Powermax Tuner. My question is should I keep the Gibson exhaust or should I go with true duals right off the headers and maybe and X-pipe. I would still like decent fuel milage but am willing to sacrifice a little milage for max performance. I appreciate your guys opinion.

there is wheatley who sends you a tuned pcm, then you send your stock one back for a core return charge so that the only down time you'll have is for the install.

or frank from revolution raceworks does his for around 150 plus shipping, but you have to send your pcm to him then he'll send it back. you could set it up with him so you can overnight it to him and he'll overnight it back, for a little extra cash of course.

i do believe zippy uses hptuners. you send your file to him he tunes it sends it back and you load it into your truck using hptuners.

as far as the muffler goes it all depends on sound pref. i don't know of many people running gibsons here, most run magnaflow, corsa, or flowmaster. like riv said, it won't change much accept the sound.

Edited by WODY (see edit history)

Do you know how I can get ahold of wheatly? and do you know about how much he charges? as far as the exhaust goes it sounds like I'll go with the long tube headers and true dual exhaust. I got to know, is this going to be freaking loud or what? I hope it is cause the fuzz in my town don't mind that much as long as I don't go through one part of town. and I live in the country anyways. With my own Body shop.

I believ all tuners can send you a PCM tuned. i just got off the phone with Zippy and he told me he could and I am sure Frank can as well. I would definatley keep the spare PCM so if you add mods you can send in the spare for a retune without down time wich is usuall 3-4 days if you over nite it and they overnite it back.

Me personally if I was you, I would go for either a wheatley or zippy tune, dynatech Supermaxx LT System with High Flow Cats, X Pipe, and some magnaflows and you'll be set.

• 2 weeks later...