Heated Seats Problem

1BAD2K

My seat warmers will turn on by themselves. Sometimes they will cycle through the high-med-low and stop on any random level by themselves. Anyone else had this problem and how did you fix it? Also, how warm is the bottom supposed to get because im not sure if it works. The back warmer will get pretty toasty but not the bottom.

sure you're not bumping the button when you lock/unlock your windows or raise/lower your windows? i only ask because i've done it on several occasions. not comfy on a 90+ degree day. :uhoh:

positive. i can sit there and just watch it cycle through the diff. settings.

is your climate control set to auto? :confused:

i dont know. would that cause it?

My mom has an 06 Tahoe that does something like this. If it starts doing it I restart the car, that usually gets it to stop.

yeah i tried that, it just does it again for me.

If its on it's own circuit then maybe you could just pull the fuse, that might work as a temporary fix if it is really hot out. I know on the tahoe that I mentioned, the problem involves the pcm and that has a lot of other things wrong with it that all began when we had the autostart installed.

• 4 months later...

Hi, Was there ever a resolution to this problem? I'm having the same issue and I'm wondering if the PCM I got from PCM4Less is causing this issue and another issue where the Traction Control light is coming on at various times...

Any thoughts? I appreciate your help. My truck is under warranty, but don't need to take it in if its a faulty PCM, I can just put the original one back in.

Thanks!

-Keith

Hi, Was there ever a resolution to this problem? I'm having the same issue and I'm wondering if the PCM I got from PCM4Less is causing this issue and another issue where the Traction Control light is coming on at various times...

Any thoughts? I appreciate your help. My truck is under warranty, but don't need to take it in if its a faulty PCM, I can just put the original one back in.

Thanks!

-Keith

watch out for water leaking into the switch,that will cause problems.

noticed mine working then not working shortly after using wipers and not realizing window was cracked open and whaalaa wet switches.

and the seat bottom does not get as hot as the back(real toasty).I will be replacing the leather bottom soon and will be investigating why the bottom has very little heat.