Debate at work

mungman

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid:

But based on what you said about the Silverado SS... then what's the difference between the SS and the VMax?!? You get the same engine... just have a few added extras.. (like said malibu)

The difference is the styling, cladding, rims, ZQ8 suspension,and the rearend 14 bolt, tailgate spoiler all these little details make it an SS Edited by oscareltemblo (see edit history)

Sorry, I got love for ya guys - I just like my AWD, 4.10s, and leather seats. :cheers:

It is nice to know that I can bake the tires and smoke out my end of the block anytime I want with my RWD..... :driving:

Your co-worker is just jealous since he is driving a POS Taurus wagon...... :nono:

I'd go on an say what's already been said, but hey... its already been said. SS Silverado has earned its SS badging, due to the fact that it provides reliable, entry level performance, just like the muscle cars of the late 60's and early 70's.

I was at the track several months ago and an older gentleman in a 70 Chevelle SS pulls beside me in the staging lane and starts complaining about the SS badges on the TBSS. He wasn't too happy when I handed him his ass at the end of the 1/4. :yellow_loser:

Historically, Chevy has used the SS name as it pleased. Intially as a performance package, then as a appearance package. The Impala was the first SS made and this is how it was used:

Chevrolet Impala History

In 1961, the Impala SS (Super Sport) was introduced to the market. The SS badge was to become Chevrolet's signature of performance on many models, though it has often been an appearance package only. The Impala's SS package in 1961 was truly a performance package, beginning with the high-performance 348 in³ (5.7 L) V8 engines (available with 305, 340, and 350 hp (230, 255 and 260 kW)) or the new 409 in³ (6.7 L) V8, which was available with up to 425 hp. The package also included upgraded tires on station wagon wheels, springs, shocks and special sintered metallic brake linings. Starting in 1962, the Impala SS could be had with any engine available in the Impala, right down to the 235 in³ 135 hp inline-6. With one exception, from this point until 1969, the SS was an appearance package only, though the heavy-duty parts and big engines could still be ordered. From 1962-on, Super Sports were limited to the hardtop coupe and convertible coupe exclusively.

I was at the track several months ago and an older gentleman in a 70 Chevelle SS pulls beside me in the staging lane and starts complaining about the SS badges on the TBSS. He wasn't too happy when I handed him his ass at the end of the 1/4. :yellow_loser:

ROFL :crackup::crackup::crackup: I'm so happy to see when things are right in the universe. Nice kill :thumbs:

Mr. P.