Tango'ed with a Ram

BlackSS04

Not many Lightnings or srt-10s around my area either.... I got my truck late last year and was the only SS around...2 others in my area now. Rumble Bee's are dime a dozen though.

Maybe the price of gas is keeping them in the garage. 10-12 mpg doesn't party anymore......

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid: Dodge should know better then to race an SS. The only thing an SS should have a problem with is one of those SRT-10 things. And how often do you see those? If your moderatly modified shouldn't have a problem keeping up or smacking one down.

:devil::devil: ;)

i take that back i've seen three of em one's red and the other two are like yours, i'm sure you're with a lightning forum of some sort, do you know if any of the texas chapter guys are located in the houston area

Here you go. Below is the link to their site. If you have a good attitude they should welcome you.

Good Luck!

http://www.talonclub.com/

Edited by Show Time (see edit history)

You might have your hands full with Lightnings too. They run 13's stock, if you can find a stock one.

We have a gen2 stock Lightning at our track that runs very low 14s consistently, he's had a best time of 14.1 and our track is Mission Raceways, it's pretty close to sea level.

He's there EVERY week just about.

Most Lightnings I see claimed as stock are high 13s/low 14s. It would be tough to beat one in an SS unless a few meaningful mods were made IMO. How many guys with CAIs are running 13s? ;)

Tough to do.

I've seen several mid 13 SRT10s, and HEARD of high 12/low 13 claims for a stock SRT10, but I've never seen quicker than a 13.4 with my own eyes. And I've seen a few.

:confused:

We have a gen2 stock Lightning at our track that runs very low 14s consistently, he's had a best time of 14.1 and our track is Mission Raceways, it's pretty close to sea level.

He's there EVERY week just about.

Most Lightnings I see claimed as stock are high 13s/low 14s. It would be tough to beat one in an SS unless a few meaningful mods were made IMO. How many guys with CAIs are running 13s? ;)

Tough to do.

I've seen several mid 13 SRT10s, and HEARD of high 12/low 13 claims for a stock SRT10, but I've never seen quicker than a 13.4 with my own eyes. And I've seen a few.

:confused:

The 1999 and 2000 Lightnings weren't as strong as the 2001-2004s. They look the same, but are different. They came with 360 hp and 440 ft-pd of torque and run low 14's with a top speed of 139 mph. The 2001 and up had a top speed of 147 mph and were rated at 380 and 450 and should run in the 13's unless driven by somebody who doesn't know how to launch very well. Of course conditions may cause times to vary.

The 1999 and 2000 Lightnings weren't as strong as the 2001-2004s. They look the same, but are different. They came with 360 hp and 440 ft-pd of torque and run low 14's with a top speed of 139 mph. The 2001 and up had a top speed of 147 mph and were rated at 380 and 450 and should run in the 13's unless driven by somebody who doesn't know how to launch very well. Of course conditions may cause times to vary.

The one running a 14.1 BEST time is a 2004 I do believe. It's the 380hp truck.

He races regularly, knows what he is doing, and our track is very close to sea level. He is now modded and runs high 13s, but he went for a LOOOONG time dead stock trying for a 13 second timeslip, trying everything under the sun and couldn't get it.

Dude at work just got a Rumble Bee and talking about how fast it is...I told him lets them up sometime...we roughly have it planned for Tuesday night...hate to bash his pride though when he just got it...I have already toasted a few so I'm not that worried about it...he said its completely stock but VERY fast :ughdance:

Sounds to me like you'll toast him. You should tell him to join up on www.rumblebee.org and

let him find some stuff to modify his hemi. Maybe than it will be a more fair race, seeing

as your truck isnt completely stock ;)

Sounds to me like you'll toast him. You should tell him to join up on www.rumblebee.org and

let him find some stuff to modify his hemi. Maybe than it will be a more fair race, seeing

as your truck isnt completely stock ;)

I'm all for helping my buddy out and told him some basic stuff he needs....he said its his dads truck and he is trying to get him to invest a little money into it.

You guys should come to west texas, this place is like a sport truck breeding ground. So many SSS's i cant even count, same as lightnings, and about 5 SRT-10's and a crapload of HEMI's. Too bad alot of the drivers are punk kids who wreck them for going too fast or runnin from the law.

The one running a 14.1 BEST time is a 2004 I do believe. It's the 380hp truck.

He races regularly, knows what he is doing, and our track is very close to sea level. He is now modded and runs high 13s, but he went for a LOOOONG time dead stock trying for a 13 second timeslip, trying everything under the sun and couldn't get it.

Maybe he just has a lemon or is pulling lousy 60' times? I belong to a few SVT Lightning forums and it is rare for a 04' to run 14's. The record holder for a Lightning with a stock pulley is 12.99 by one of the members. Most members run from 13.3-13.8 or so stock and get into the twelves with a 4-6 pound pulley. I live close to Infinion Raceway so I'm going to take mine to the track this summer and see what it will do.

Maybe he just has a lemon or is pulling lousy 60' times? I belong to a few SVT Lightning forums and it is rare for a 04' to run 14's. The record holder for a Lightning with a stock pulley is 12.99 by one of the members. Most members run from 13.3-13.8 or so stock and get into the twelves with a 4-6 pound pulley. I live close to Infinion Raceway so I'm going to take mine to the track this summer and see what it will do.

"MOST" times posted for a Lightning I have seen are DEFINITELY not 13.3 to 13.8 dead stock, and I have never even seen anybody CLAIM a dead stock 12 second run for a Lightning. Are you saying "stock pulley" but the truck was modified, or are you saying a 100% dead stock truck ran a 12.99?

Do you post at the NLOC forum?

Edited by CrAzYMoPaRGuY (see edit history)

"MOST" times posted for a Lightning I have seen are DEFINITELY not 13.3 to 13.8 dead stock, and I have never even seen anybody CLAIM a dead stock 12 second run for a Lightning. Are you saying "stock pulley" but the truck was modified, or are you saying a 100% dead stock truck ran a 12.99?

Do you post at the NLOC forum?

Stock pulleys is what he claims, I can't tell you what else. I visit most of the Lightning forums as well as the non-Lightning forums. It's fun to mingle with hot rod truck owners.

Stock pulleys is what he claims, I can't tell you what else. I visit most of the Lightning forums as well as the non-Lightning forums. It's fun to mingle with hot rod truck owners.

"Stock pulleys" on a modded truck I bet.

I was at Mission tonight, stock red 2003 Lightning ran a best of 14.17. The black Lightning was there, it had slicks, pulley and a couple other mods I didn't listen well enough to, he ran a best of 13.38.

"Stock pulleys" on a modded truck I bet.

I was at Mission tonight, stock red 2003 Lightning ran a best of 14.17. The black Lightning was there, it had slicks, pulley and a couple other mods I didn't listen well enough to, he ran a best of 13.38.

Air really matters..... I never see lightnings go 14s here in our east coast air. They're all about 13.5-13.8 bone stock. Put slicks on them and you're guaranteed a 13.5. Those things are crazy fast. I saw a blue one running the other day at Island and the DA was around 2500-3000 of different periods and he was running 12.90s......