SSS AWD

Hey Guys I live in Minnesota where everyone know it snows like crazy. I'm coming home this fall and just bought my SSS. How do these things handle in snow? I'm hoping they fare well cause this thing is gonna be my DD for a while till I go back to school in the spring. :ughdance:

it is all in the tires. I put on some factory take off with snow tires right after the first snow fall this year. I found a guy that has great deals on them. and there is know prob going thought the snow, I am up in mn too.

Mine did just fine just as long as u use ur head. I just used my regular stock sss rims with the original goodyears and managed to get around perfectly fine and it was fun to i cant wait until this winter lol

thanx for posting that...but truck handles good in snow with the factory tires as long as you dont gun it. It may spin a lil on take off but with throttle control you can easly drive anywhere..as long as its not deep on the roads. I got stuck in about 2.5 feet of snow and to get out all i did was go back and forth till i could get a good run and i finally did that enough to get out took me about 2 hrs i was about 30 ft into what i thought was a road when i sunk.

Phenomenal...I've had 4x4 Tahoe's, 4x4 Silverado's, and a 4x4 Avalanche...the SSS handles just about as good as any of them. Remember though, it takes off well and you wont spin out like rwd, but you cant stop any faster than anyone else either though. I hit alot of black ice on the way up to new york and it held the line fine. Now, off-road...the Z71's will do much better because of the suspension and locker front diff.

The Stock wheels suck .... It goes alright, but it does want to spin, due to the mostly Rain Only tread....

Do yourself a favor ... Get a set of used wheels and tires off of Ebay ... about $500-$600 for a set of rims/tires and shipped to your door ...

Or do like I did ... Get a winter beater!!!!!

I ran mine all winter up here in maine and no probs. I have the stock wheels with a set of pirelli atr's on em. these tires are great in snow, and also dont look agressive.