New Z71

SSminneapolis

The 400 hp version mentioned there is a Z71 two-wheel drive. :confused:

The 4X4 below it has 345 hp.

...thanks to cylinder head and camshaft modifications and a GM air box that has been modified for increased airflow and a K&N Filtercharger rechargeable cloth air filter, the LQ9 housed in this special Silverado produces over 400 horsepower at 6100 rpm and over 405 lb.-ft. of torque at 4600 rpm.

Chevy doesn't make much sense sometimes. 400hp in a 2 wheel Z71??, and not the 4x4. You would think they would put this in the SS before anything. .... stupid

Yeah, they should introduce higher output motors on the SS !!! If I read this right, you can get a 4x2 Silverado with more HP than the SS in 04 :crazy: Way to scuttle the slight performance image of the SS. :fume:

One thing about it - it may force them to increase the performance for the SS in '05. Can't have a regular truck having better performance than their "premier performance" truck.

Kind of similar deal going on with Ford Mustang GT and Cobra.

They are afterall concepts. I'll be surprised if they make it to production w/ those numbers still intact. :rolleyes:

Good news is that we all have a jump start on these if they do make it to production! KEEP THE MODS COMIN' BOYS! I don't want to see any SS getting spanked by a Z71 :cheers:

Archived