So Cal tracks

adams2003

I don't know of any reputable shops either. Best thing to do is jump in yourself, doing it yourself is the best teacher. You'd be surprised at what you can accomplish. That's just my suggestion..... I'd be willing to give you a hand depending on how close you are to the South Bay (Chula Vista). I have never done a shift kit before, but I'd be willing to learn and lend a hand. :cheers:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zippy - get a video of startup. :D Wonder how much oil that would take?

56 - Do you have a hobby shop on your base? If so, get a shift kit for your truck and you and scandore do it together. Then the next weekend swap - you can get his truck on base. The directions are pretty damn easy. Just a thought.

Now, who all is going to Carlsbad Raceway for the Drags this Sat. the 24th.?

I might go depending on if I get my tranny work done before then. Probably will though, I am going to try to get it done on friday.

If anybody else is looking for a good transmission place near san diego I found one. Well actually "dylanvonkleist" found the place and then tole me about them. The place is called "Walt Built Trans", there located in Oceanside. PM me if you would like there number. Ill keep everyone updated on how the install goes.

If anybody else is looking for a good transmission place near san diego I found one.  Well actually "dylanvonkleist" found the place and then told me about them.  The place is called "Walt Built Trans", there located in Oceanside.

Its least I can do for my fellow SS owners. :cheers:

I think they only work on RED ones anyways . . . black and blue are out of luck! :jester:

I'll be there :chevy::thumbs:

Sorry "56chevywagon", I had the truck in the shop on friday getting the shift kit and stall converter installed. They didn't finish on friday, so I had to wait till today to pick it up. I got it around 2 pm and it was to late to head down to the track. Im definately looking forward to going in the future though, I was really looking forward to seeing what my track ran today but it just didn't work out. Maybe next time. :thumbs:

Archived