Went to the track with my stock vortecmax.

sdimedude

I went to the track this past wednesday and had a great time. It is the first time I ran this truck. As you can see my R/T s are not very good. I think if I had a little more time to practice I could get some better times. Left to right is my first run to last run. On my last run I beat a acura rsx really bad. He had headers, exhaust and CAI. I talked with him after the run and he couldn't believe how fast my truck was. lol I told him I had the same motor as the silveradoss then he kind of understood. lol It seems like many people don't know what vortecmax means.

modifieddr4.jpg

Edited by sdimedude (see edit history)

Wow...

You run better than I do with all of the mods in my sig! There is seriously something wrong somwhere... I have a 2600 converter and you are even out 60'ing me...

You definately have an issue somewhere. I was running 9.0's in the 1/8th and mid 14's with basically the same mods you have on a stock tune. That was at 50 degree weather though. With all mods listed and a Yank 3200 stall, my best 1/8th recently has been a 9.23 and the 1/4 with the TBTC was 14.25 I have issues too. My tuner found some timing and KR issues Friday and adjusted for them. We'll see.

Nice times. My vortec max went 14.55 bone stock.

Do you have the 3.73 rearend? I noticed in my dealer brochure that the vortecmaxes that come with 20s have a 3.73 and mine has a 4.10.

• 2 weeks later...
Do you have the 3.73 rearend? I noticed in my dealer brochure that the vortecmaxes that come with 20s have a 3.73 and mine has a 4.10.

It's not a tire issue. The 4x4 gets 4.10's, the 2wd gets the 3.73's. They have changed that for the new body style, but in 06', that was how it worked.

• 2 weeks later...
It's not a tire issue. The 4x4 gets 4.10's, the 2wd gets the 3.73's. They have changed that for the new body style, but in 06', that was how it worked.

I'm not sure what you are getting at, but my truck is 2wd with a 4.10 from the factory so that makes your statement false. I was just making sure his truck is the performance edition from the factory and that he didn't add the 20s later on. Also you have to lookout for dealers that decided to put the 20s on themselves.

Edited by sdimedude (see edit history)

Oh I'm about to run it again this wednesday and see if I can make any improvements on my times. I'm going to tow my brothers and friends gsxr 600s up to the track so they can run they're bikes also.

• 2 weeks later...
I went to the track this past wednesday and had a great time. It is the first time I ran this truck. As you can see my R/T s are not very good. I think if I had a little more time to practice I could get some better times. Left to right is my first run to last run. On my last run I beat a acura rsx really bad. He had headers, exhaust and CAI. I talked with him after the run and he couldn't believe how fast my truck was. lol I told him I had the same motor as the silveradoss then he kind of understood. lol It seems like many people don't know what vortecmax means.

modifieddr4.jpg

try leaving when the third yellow comes on to improve those r/t's (depending on what tree is used)