I know its a Ford but take a peek

99Xtreme

You are right. With only 281 vs. 350 cui of motor, there is no way they can keep up with the SS. Ford did not manufacture the Cobra in '02 and the '01 model was 320hp/317tq @ 6000 rpm. 0-60 was 5.4. This of course is with 4.6 liter motor but was still 2 tenths slower (probably depends on who is driving). They have however produced an '03 cobra with 390 hp/390tq. They did this still with the 4.6 liter motor but, as you stated, with a supercharger. Although I haven't seen any published numbers, on www.corral.net I've seen bone stock runs in the high 12s. The 0-60 is rated at 4.5. I wouldn't consider the 2001 Cobra slow by any stretch of the imagination though. Put good drivers behind each car and you would probably split 10 1/4 miles races 5 to 5. The 2003 is a completely different beast however, running within 2-3 tenths of a bone stock z06.

I will admit that it is tough to beat the 5.7 liter 350. Its one of the best motors chevrolet builds.

You have a good point when you say it depends on the drivers, however if I bolt on a supercharger to an LS1 it could beat a Cobra in reverse with the A/C blasting... well not really but you get my point. I read somewhere in this site that Ford "coped-out" by using the supercharger and I totally agree. GM dosn't need to put extras on the ZO6 to beat the cobra cause it already does, not by much granted but a win is a win. Blind Ford sympathiers were calling the 03 Cobra a "ZO6 killer" before it was even in production. Now it's quiet from that corner all of a sudden except for whispers of the GT40. Once again I'll reserve my judgement of that car until it appears. Chevy/GM are definately not out of the race yet! :chevy::cheers:

Yeah, don't know if anyone noticed but the 01 Cobra (320 Hp) had 9.8:1 compression. For the 03, to get the supercharger on without blowing a motor, they backed the compression off to 8.5:1. The only way to increase horsepower in a motor and to maintain the natural aspiration is to increase cui and compression right? thats why the silverado ss is 395 hp and 10.5:1 compression. What was the compression on the Camaro z28?

Im thinkin Pontiac should make this badass the new JUDGE :devil:

http://www.hsv.com.au/vy/showcars/showcar.asp

Damn Skippy! :cheers:

Holden has been putting out bad ass cars for years. :thumbs:

Why oh why can't they just import the Holden here, I mean it is owned by GM and uses LS1 power. Should be a cinch to get it through emissions.

Do they have drastically different safety rules down under?

RF

Archived