GOT A MAF CODE WHILE TUNING?!

12'SROCK

when we were tuning my truck, VE and MAF, it was runing great and next day i get a P0101 code "mass airflow sensor performance"? :dunno: anyone else have similar problem? oh yeah and my injectors are MAXED (over 100%IDC) out and my truck has very light mods. any one else maxing out injectors on similar mods? thanks.

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

when we were tuning my truck, VE and MAF, it was runing great and next day i get a P0101 code "mass airflow sensor performance"? :dunno: anyone else have similar problem? oh yeah and my injectors are MAXED (over 100%IDC) out and my truck has very light mods. any one else maxing out injectors on similar mods? thanks.

Off of those two items, I would suspect an air leak somwhere after the MAF.

for your mods i find it hard to beleive your maxing out the stock injectors. you wouldnt happen to kno wyour afr would you? you may be running richer than needed. another thing is i dont know if its the 101 or the 102 code but when i pullied down the truck was pulling more air than the maf was set too so it set off the code.

at full throtle he is running 12.3 afr verified with a wideband. I checked to make sure that there is no vacuum leak and that all the clamps are nice and tight. After the tunning his VE map is almost dead on and so is his MAF ben factors. It just odd that his truck would all of a sudden trow a p0101 MAF performance. We checked it out late last night and it hasn't came back.

for your mods i find it hard to beleive your maxing out the stock injectors. you wouldnt happen to kno wyour afr would you? you may be running richer than needed. another thing is i dont know if its the 101 or the 102 code but when i pullied down the truck was pulling more air than the maf was set too so it set off the code.

thats what we were tripp'n out on minor mods and maxing out injectors.

• 2 weeks later...

If you guys were tuning SD, I'd be supicious the problem is in the tune. Just something you over looked going back to the MAF maybe? What's your MAF fail rate set at? I forgot to look at your mods, FI or not, but 12.3 for non-FI is pretty rich.

If you guys were tuning SD, I'd be supicious the problem is in the tune. Just something you over looked going back to the MAF maybe? What's your MAF fail rate set at? I forgot to look at your mods, FI or not, but 12.3 for non-FI is pretty rich.

dewey he is not SD and he is not FI so yeah that is a bit rich imo to arent these trucks set from the factory at something like that though? i dont think it would lose much poer being that rich if any but it may.

Its commanding 12.6 now, and i looked over his tune and found somethings but MAF code p0101 still goes pending, I have adjusted a few tables but maybe some driving will clear things up. between 11-14 AFR there is little to no power gained or lost. running a lower AFR is basically for thermal protection being that fuel will transfer heat faster than metal therefore preventing a meltdown. Its not for power.

I was just saying SD cause he was "eluding" to tuning the VE table and you can't do that without going SD. Make sure That P0101 table (maximum delta airflow) is stock unless you can move air quicker than FI guys.

Commanding 12.6 and getting what though? Still 12.6? I have too large of IDC for my injectors right now, but mine is directly caused by too large of values in my VE table. (richening it up on purpose) Is this high IDC associated with just VE(SD) or VE/MAF combo (MAF back on)? Or both? Can ya post your tune up? The thousands of troubleshotting questions can be answered by just glancing over the tune.

We where in SD but the truck was loosing all of the timing, know its back to MAF. As for afr we're comanding 12.6 and getting 12.6 or with in 1-3%

dewmanshu, can you pm me your email address and I will send you the tune that he is currently running.