GOT A MAF CODE WHILE TUNING?!

12'SROCK

I was just saying SD cause he was "eluding" to tuning the VE table and you can't do that without going SD. Make sure That P0101 table (maximum delta airflow) is stock unless you can move air quicker than FI guys.

Commanding 12.6 and getting what though? Still 12.6? I have too large of IDC for my injectors right now, but mine is directly caused by too large of values in my VE table. (richening it up on purpose) Is this high IDC associated with just VE(SD) or VE/MAF combo (MAF back on)? Or both? Can ya post your tune up? The thousands of troubleshotting questions can be answered by just glancing over the tune.

The IDC doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me for that truck... rivierakid and 2006silverss are both bumping up on the 100% IDC mark with similar mods at their respective shift points at a reasonable AFR.

As to fixing the P0101 in EFILive, it's related to the MAF Rationality Test table. To try and track down the issue, log GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA and GM.DYNCYLAIR while in MAF mode and chart them together. Look for a point where the two do not track well, that is likely the point that the code will trip. My guess is that the problem is in the low airflow region, as the allowable error is very small down there.

Justin

The IDC doesn't seem out of the ordinary to me for that truck... rivierakid and 2006silverss are both bumping up on the 100% IDC mark with similar mods at their respective shift points at a reasonable AFR.

As to fixing the P0101 in EFILive, it's related to the MAF Rationality Test table. To try and track down the issue, log GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA and GM.DYNCYLAIR while in MAF mode and chart them together. Look for a point where the two do not track well, that is likely the point that the code will trip. My guess is that the problem is in the low airflow region, as the allowable error is very small down there.

Justin

HMMM...you and your GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA come backs. :) Similar mods, I just read his sig and it showed intake and exhaust...some headers maybe. No reason to throw the IDC up there? As far as the p0101 thing, I am just saying no reason to go hog wild on a bunch of a test first. Make sure all the MAF tables are inline, you didn't bump the MAF RT table and so on. But Justin is right, if you have an issue that needs to be adjust in that table, follow his instructions, GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA vs. GM.DYNCYLAIR.

[email protected] I'll take a peak at work tomorrow. Even harass Justin about it. :)

Edited by dewmanshu (see edit history)

HMMM...you and your GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA come backs. :) Similar mods, I just read his sig and it showed intake and exhaust...some headers maybe. No reason to throw the IDC up there? As far as the p0101 thing, I am just saying no reason to go hog wild on a bunch of a test first. Make sure all the MAF tables are inline, you didn't bump the MAF RT table and so on. But Justin is right, if you have an issue that needs to be adjust in that table, follow his instructions, GM.DYNCYLAIR_DMA vs. GM.DYNCYLAIR.

[email protected] I'll take a peak at work tomorrow. Even harass Justin about it. :)

there are a few other members with similar mods with 06' SSS who are also jacking up the IDC

there are a few other members with similar mods with 06' SSS who are also jacking up the IDC

I talked to justin a little about it today, I didn't know he was helping some from the beginning. I ALWAYS say check the tune for errors when you go from SD back to MAF or open to closed, we all make simple mistakes. (reason for my above views) It so often not a truck/performance thing, but a bad table or setting somewhere.

That VE table is crazy crazy high. I can't see those kind of values needed for any vehicle (down low especially). That has to be some of the calculations causing your pcm to come up with high IDC's. I know I know I know, justin tried to convince me too on the high IDC on stock SS'. LMAO. Not having much time to look at it (and taking into account my EFI handicap) it seems most things are in check (MAF and injector settings speaking). MAF has a few tiny bumps, nothing too bad I'd imagine. That nasty P0101 seems to be handled via rationality tests and so on. I agree with justin, it's not mechanical. Make sure MAF is physically okay though, just in case ;). I think there is a calc error somewhere. Some table is off to cause such high values in the VE.

Love to see a scan in open loop/SD with some good driving time on part throttle. Ofcourse, locating the MAF error, log as justin described ealier, you'll need the MAF ofcourse. lol

Edited by dewmanshu (see edit history)

yeah gonna put on 8.1L 42# injectors and retune/log see what happens. i hope we can get rid of that stupid maf code :banghead::mad:

Have you gone back to a stock (or stock-ish) tune to test/verify the MAF vs. a setting somewhere? With bolt-ons, you should be able to accomplish that very quickly, then use it as a compare to change one or two things at a time back to the modified code to find what's causing the error (if it goes away with the stock code that is). Even with injectors beyond max IDC, mine only threw a Lean Bank 1 and Lean Bank 2 codes, nothing MAF related.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)

Have you gone back to a stock (or stock-ish) tune to test/verify the MAF vs. a setting somewhere? With bolt-ons, you should be able to accomplish that very quickly, then use it as a compare to change one or two things at a time back to the modified code to find what's causing the error (if it goes away with the stock code that is). Even with injectors beyond max IDC, mine only threw a Lean Bank 1 and Lean Bank 2 codes, nothing MAF related.

yeah we put stock ve table back in and tuned the timing table and maf, now that shit pull really hard and best of all no more code :driving: