my 1/4 mile time

Q.M.P

well he also had on drag radials and what little 17's up front? thats a lot of weight reduction. great run nonetheless but it wasnt in street trim at 13.86.

He did have DR and 17s up front. I dont think the 17s up front make too much difference. They are the steelies and mine went 14.08 with the 20s and 14.02 with the 17s up front.

He pulled the light and the tailgate for the 13.86. Add that back on and throw the 20s up front and I bet its still in the 13s.

When you're talking about stock times, DR's and removing weight shouldn't be in the same catagory. If you remove the spare because you never run it or something, I can understand. The DR's a alot more change though than just traction. Most drag radials are about 3 inches shorter than the stock tires on trucks which is not only changing the tires for traction, it's like changing the gear when you go to the track. When I went 14.5, I did it with only CAI, exhaust, thermostat, and programming. That was full weight as I took it off the showroom floor. On the 20's, toneau cover on, tailgate on, etc.

When you're talking about stock times, DR's and removing weight shouldn't be in the same catagory. If you remove the spare because you never run it or something, I can understand. The DR's a alot more change though than just traction. Most drag radials are about 3 inches shorter than the stock tires on trucks which is not only changing the tires for traction, it's like changing the gear when you go to the track. When I went 14.5, I did it with only CAI, exhaust, thermostat, and programming. That was full weight as I took it off the showroom floor. On the 20's, toneau cover on, tailgate on, etc.

When he went 14.55 he was bone stock just like yours. SHOWROOM FLOOR STOCK! 20s and all.

BlackSS04 commented on a 6.0 barely running those times with 02sswap's mods and that is why I brought the v-max into it in ECSB trim.