SSS after a fire

Holty

Ouch....horrible. You guys said the caption mentioned nitrous....I wonder if it was covered by insurance? Never had a heavily modified vehicle so I don't know whether or not that would be covered if you had told the insurance you had nitrous among other addons and paid for the extra coverage.

Ouch....horrible. You guys said the caption mentioned nitrous....I wonder if it was covered by insurance? Never had a heavily modified vehicle so I don't know whether or not that would be covered if you had told the insurance you had nitrous among other addons and paid for the extra coverage.

You can have add-ons to be covered under your insurance, they(ins company) will do an adjustment per item, but your premium may go up. I do not believe they will cover Nitrous as an option, being it's not legal for street use unless your car is insured for track or show only..

You can have add-ons to be covered under your insurance, they(ins company) will do an adjustment per item, but your premium may go up. I do not believe they will cover Nitrous as an option, being it's not legal for street use unless your car is insured for track or show only..

Yeah, I know you can have added insurance for added parts and whatnot, as I did that with my old WRX. But I wasn't sure if they would cover something like a fire from N2O, as I know it's not legal for street use in most, if not all states. But then again (also part of my question) what if the fire started because of something else, then hit the N2O bottle and made the fire even worse. Granted I'm sure it'd be hard to prove that that was the situation, but whatever.

Thats on of the reasons I dislike Nitrous. I know some people love it but its nothing im gonna ever do because its just not worth it in my eyes. I like turbos or supercharged to fullfill my need for power and fun.