oil

kaos

ive traditionally use dmobil 1 but after seeing some test on it compared to royal purple and a few others seem to be far better than m1. i just bought a case ( 12 quarts of racing 5w -30 for my new motor. the bad part is for the 12 Q cost me 140 so that going to be around 85-90 an oil change doing it myself. ill switch to the regular royal purple in my camaro. its only like 7 bucks a quart.

ive traditionally use dmobil 1 but after seeing some test on it compared to royal purple and a few others seem to be far better than m1. i just bought a case ( 12 quarts of racing 5w -30 for my new motor. the bad part is for the 12 Q cost me 140 so that going to be around 85-90 an oil change doing it myself. ill switch to the regular royal purple in my camaro. its only like 7 bucks a quart.

could i use 10w-30 in RP

your not going to break in the motor on synthetic oil are your chase? :nono:

Valvoline synthetic in everything I have driven over the past 10 years...I've had three motor failures, but none of them were due to the oil, believe me. One was over-revved and springs let go sending a pushrod out through the valve covers and into the hood. Two went way lean and detonated, grenading the pistons...The first two motors were a SBC with a carb and the third was a 3.8L supercharged V6 in my first 2000 grand prix I had before the GTX. Novice lessons learned over time...

I've been using royal purple 5W30 since I purchased my truck. Bought it in a five gallon jug to save a little on cost. Fiqured with the extended change intervals ( half as much used oil to get rid of ) its money well spent.

• 1 month later...

was reading the owners manual for my SSS and it says only use oil that meets GM6094m standard....i have been using royal purple and noticed today that it meets GM4718M standard...is this ok? or does it really matter? i also noticed a sticker right behind my headlight that says not to dyno it because of AWD but mine is a 2WD, i guess the sticker is still on there because mines the year they changed to 2wd....well any help appreciated