Siemens 60lb Injectors

come on mario, lets just put an LS7 in that thing. if thats not enough sell your boat and ill twin turbo it :D can you say 650+ whp? :driving: lol

I don't know about that, dude. I think I could get a little more than some twin turbo's if I sold my boat :crazy:

I think I'm just not feeling it anymore.....at least not for a daily driver. My clients aren't that interested in the fact that I can chirp second gear :crackup:

no plug and play for the multec to mototrons yet. Sorry. And if you have a link for such an adapter, please post it.

They aren't too bad to tune. I have horrible idle issues that I think hides just how easy the 60's are to tune. The 60's just drop your min inj pulse and they'll idle good.

I don't know about that, dude. I think I could get a little more than some twin turbo's if I sold my boat :crazy:

I think I'm just not feeling it anymore.....at least not for a daily driver. My clients aren't that interested in the fact that I can chirp second gear :crackup:

yes, very true lol. so why dont you like it as a daily driver?

no plug and play for the multec to mototrons yet. Sorry.

isnt that what i just said?

these are the same injectors that come in the mp122 kit, i'm looking at them right now in my kit

is nobody reading my posts? are they invisible?

LMAO

put them on tonight.... WOW those delphis are peices of crap, big time. i havent even tuned the truck yet, but it idles literally like stock (@650 too lol, stock ls2). no more misfiring at any rpms above 3k, and no more fire-crackers when decelerating. it honestly sounded like a gang of blackcat fireworks, it was BAD. thanks for the assurance on these btw :thumbs:

put them on tonight.... WOW those delphis are peices of crap, big time. i havent even tuned the truck yet, but it idles literally like stock (@650 too lol, stock ls2). no more misfiring at any rpms above 3k, and no more fire-crackers when decelerating. it honestly sounded like a gang of blackcat fireworks, it was BAD. thanks for the assurance on these btw :thumbs:

told ya so :jester:

no plug and play for the multec to mototrons yet. Sorry. And if you have a link for such an adapter, please post it.

They aren't too bad to tune. I have horrible idle issues that I think hides just how easy the 60's are to tune. The 60's just drop your min inj pulse and they'll idle good.

Also, changes to your VE table and MAF where low pulse widths would be commanded need to be very precise, as a small change can have a large swing in AFR. If injector pulse width voltage adjustment/injector voltage offset aren't somewhat accurate, you'll end up with either an injector that has trouble opening on light decel, or VE values in low kPa regions that are unreasonably high. Set your 14V region to around .58-.59ms and adjust the rest of the table accordingly and you should be close to accurate. I'm still working on nailing this down absolutely, but .59 causes DFCO to activate properly (with no fuel usage) while still yielding reasonably accurate VE values in low kPa regions.

justin what are you running for injector offset and min pulse width?

I don't find minimum pulse width to be extremely important on an injector this large, so long as it is set to or below what you can expect to see at greatest vacuum and DFCO off. At present, I have the min pulse width set to .23, which is far less than I'll ever see.

My injector pulse width voltage adjustment (EFILive) / Injector Voltage offset (Hptuners) table has .591 in the 14V column (running voltage), following a similar slope as the stock injectors on up to the 4.5V column, and sloping down to 18V. As stated in my previous post, I suspect the "magic" number for 14V in this column is in the .58-.59 range, but I haven't nailed it down yet because it is quite difficult to do so. Using a mix of my DIC Fuel Used vs Actual fuel used combined with what constitutes a reasonable low kPa VE value as well as watching the WB when DFCO activates to be sure that it reads pure air. I thought I had it down at .60, but in extended DFCO, the WB would flicker between "Air" and "Lean" signifying that there was still a tiny bit of fuel sneaking out of the injectors.

I wish it was as simple as following the injector manufacturers guidelines, but I suspect there are more injector tables in the Gen-III PCM that we don't have access to that add in to the total equation. The 60#ers specify an on time of 1.14ms. Yet if you plug that into the 14V column, you are hit up with a very rich tune, so rich it probably will die after a few seconds at idle.

Edited by .justin. (see edit history)

• 4 months later...