07 impala ss

moostadon

the other morning i was going to work and had a black cobra pull up and was bein cocky i minded my own bussiness kep drink my mornin java and he kept toyin with me so i giv it a little and i suddenly heard a radix sounding whine from under his hood so i said wtf so next light we launched and he pulled a bit ahead of me and my ss hit second gear and passed himhe only fell about a half car back but i held him to 100 and had to top for a red light and then he wouldnt play no more nor would he pass me!!!!!!! i thought it was crazy i dont think he knew how to drive a car with a stick . there is no way my imp should have ran with thAt car

You probably shouldn't have beaten him, but on the other hand a 5.3L Impala is by no means a slouch.

I agree, My brother bought one and it hauls. The FWD isn't the best but the 30-XXX is alot of fun!

You probably shouldn't have beaten him, but on the other hand a 5.3L Impala is by no means a slouch. One of these days I'll fix the programming and you can go Cobra hunting again.

It don't matter what kind fo tune you put in an Imp SS or a GP GXP, it will never touch a stock 03-04 Cobra. Even on a stock LS4's best day, it can touch 102 in the 1/4, but an 03-04 Cobra will pull 111-112 all day bone stock.

Either the Cobra in the above story never downshifted, or like was already mentioned, the owner couldn't drive to save his life.....it shouldn't have even been close.

lol.....that video shows nothing but a poor driving/shifting Cobra owner, and you hanging with him the first few hundred feet. You can't tell what happens after that because the camera never zooms in. Your ET would put you pretty close to even with one from a dead stop, but with your MPH, from a roll you would get walked.

• 3 weeks later...

Hate to dig this thread up but I don't visit here enough.... First, a low 13 second pass will hang w/ a stock termy any day of the week. And his sig says he made a 13.13 pass. So to beat a stock termy to the line all he has to do is tree the other guy. Second, I've never seen a stock Termy trap 111-112. Best I've ever seen one go is 108 and I've seen a few. 4mph is a big difference.