hi all, i am a newb...

vette dude

If I buy the parts, beer, steaks, and drive my little truck over to the InFamous  BenKey shop between Christmas and Newyears... will you help me (more accurately, will you let me help you?)  I can turn a wrench with many of the best of them... but i would be ashamedly frightened to try it by my lonesome.  :confused:  And the price of the tools necessary that I do not yet own would make it cost prohibitive, I am certain.

Not trying to put you on the spot, just taking you up on the possible offer???  :crazy: Besides, I need to give Nelson Performance something to tune  :thumbs:  when I see him on January 2nd when all the central Texas guys get together and go to the race track!! :D And I need to be able to keep up with some of the slower guys... at least.

I would do that. But given the short amount of time, I don't think you'll get the parts in time. Cams, unless sitting on a shelf, take a while to get ground. I would like to say that I had my cam that I am taking out for you to put in - the one that's in now is coming out on the 1st. Although this is a standard grind cam, not custom, I think you still would be waiting a while, if it's the one you wanted. But the real reason is, my heads and cam are coming off that weekend, so the garage and tools will be occupied. You could come here and help me and learn :) . I even have a bed for you to sleep. The wife will be out of town.

If you wanted to do another time and then work out something with Allen to get a few adjustments afterward, maybe we could do? Just not before. My takeout cam and springs are still up for anyone who's interested.

Benkey,

What cam did you install in your truck? I am thinking of going that route with mine. Does it idle any different? I think i will get the Transgo and servo and cam at the same time. I have a good mechanic that will install it all for me at a reasonable price at his shop. I have the superchips programmer and wondered if i would need further tuning for the cam and shift kit.

Thanks

I have the Comp Cam #54-412-11. The specs are: 212 / 218, .522/.529, 114 LSA. The idle is only slightly rougher, barely noticeable, with a nice note change in the exhaust. Has a mild lope to it. If you've changed out your exhaust already and like that mean sound, the cam enhances that effect.

This cam does not need any computer changes. The stock PCM or the superchips tune will work fine with this cam. For the shift kit, you'll need to take out any alteration through programming you've done. The shift kit does it mechanically and as has been mentioned before, not too safe to combine the two. You will not come close to the shift from a shift kit, compared to your handheld IMO.

ok, this is my first post, on silveradoss.com, My name is Robert Sheets, anyone who is a member @ CF  :seeya: ... so anyway, i am a total newb to the truck, and i wanted to know what the best mods are, money to power... what exhausts and headers wprk good, i go to pic up the ss tomorow, 12/9/03 it is onyx black... I ook forward to geting the truck so  :cheers:

vette dude,

sorry to take over the thread. I was a member of the Corvette Forum... 0-60N4. I had a verry nice vette 01 all the good bolt ons. Dealership helped me with the oil consumption issue... in fact they helped so much that 8 trips later to that dealership to fix the issues that they created, I encouraged them to buy the vette and they sold it to some poor sole and I got this cool SS truck.

Hi and WELCOME to the site.  My truck is STOCK so I can't tell you anything about Mods.  Check out the Street and Strip Sections and see what kind of times some of the guys are running--WOW :thumbs:  The guys here will be a Big Help.  Take Care,  Ginnie

Ginnie, you got plans to get some of those GO toys in that truck like in that camaro?

Archived