street racers cars now being crushed in Socal

Crappy report, he didn't provide many details on exactly how the cars reached the crusher. They can't just confiscate your car without due process so those guys must have been ticketed, gone to court and then lost to then lose their cars. Don't know if it's a felony to street race here in DFW but it is a felony now to burglarize a car here.

Crappy report, he didn't provide many details on exactly how the cars reached the crusher. They can't just confiscate your car without due process so those guys must have been ticketed, gone to court and then lost to then lose their cars. Don't know if it's a felony to street race here in DFW but it is a felony now to burglarize a car here.

from what the local paper stated, was they were caught street racing and the cars were impounded. ounce they were impounded the vins were found to have been altered or missing. besides the vin on the dash, there are other numbers on the body that MUST match. one of the cars had a trans that was not for that make/model year, and it was found to be stolen and he could not produce a bill of sale for it. SO posession of stolen property :yellow_loser: also was the engine that were NOT in compliance with CA smog laws :crackup:

i feel they got away cheap, have your ricer crushed, or be BUBBAs bunky for a few years :wub:

this i feel is just the beginning....

:seeya:

from what the local paper stated, was they were caught street racing and the cars were impounded. ounce they were impounded the vins were found to have been altered or missing. besides the vin on the dash, there are other numbers on the body that MUST match.

How can this be? I look at restoration projects, where the only thing worth saving was the frame, and the VIN. What other numbers on the body MUST match? I can understand where the VINs are altered, or missing. What if an accident occurs, and they have to order replacement panels?

Don't get me wrong. Any time I see another ricer destroyed, I rejoice.

How can this be? I look at restoration projects, where the only thing worth saving was the frame, and the VIN. What other numbers on the body MUST match? I can understand where the VINs are altered, or missing. What if an accident occurs, and they have to order replacement panels?

Don't get me wrong. Any time I see another ricer destroyed, I rejoice.

when we store vehicles that are stolen recovers/burnouts, or vins do not match there are part vin # stamped in the fire wall area. some depending on manufacture place them on the underside of the body. older vehicles were stamped in the frame, and again it depends on manufacture as to where it is.

if you take a frame from 1 vehicle and put it under another body with a different vin, then you must prove that both are clear and show bill of sale for both, then you can use the body vin to register it or they will give you a new vin #.

hope this helps...

when we store vehicles that are stolen recovers/burnouts, or vins do not match there are part vin # stamped in the fire wall area. some depending on manufacture place them on the underside of the body. older vehicles were stamped in the frame, and again it depends on manufacture as to where it is.

if you take a frame from 1 vehicle and put it under another body with a different vin, then you must prove that both are clear and show bill of sale for both, then you can use the body vin to register it or they will give you a new vin #.

hope this helps...

Yep, mismatched VINs showing stolen parts would do it. Those guys weren't innocent little street racers getting persecuted by The Man, they were dealing in stolen parts and got caught. Off to the crusher I say.

I know in CA if you build a street rod or do a heavy restoration utilizing a different frame and body you can have a new VIN issued. It's kind of a pain and involves a CHP inspection, but obviously it would be worth it to stay out of the crusher.