SS Pricing

Mervz

Did Chevrolet Price the SS correctly?  

113 members have voted

1. 1. Did Chevrolet Price the SS correctly?

• Yes Its Fine
    • Its Ok, Could Be Lower
    • It Would Be Ok If Every Option Was Standard
    • No, Its Too High

• Admin

Another member and i had a phone conversaion last night. (He can stand up if he wants to)

We basicly came to the conclusion of this.

1. GM didn't finalize SS equpment before their Marketing team started promoting the SS. Therefore some "standard" equipment really turned out to be optional. :shakehead:

2. GM saw that the que to load the SS order bank was huge. From GM's perspective, if they are going to sell all the SS's they make, why not make more profit on each one? Its only sound buisness practice. You can always go down, but you can't go up.

Yea its :crazy: , but i have no doubts that each SS will be sold shortly after it hits the ground, even with the new higher price. :sigh:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You Chevy boys feel that? Yeah?....... The shaft hurts, and they want you guys all to take it with your pants down....

:wtf::wtf::wtf::cry::cry::(:uhoh::rolleyes::sick:

That being said. I guess you just have to not like your money to drop that coinage on it. I guess it sets them up for two years from now when they crank up the power and standard features and say, "Without adding a penny to the cost" Does this thing weigh enough to avoid luxury tax?

-Joe

The auto luxury tax was originally a 10% tax on the retail price of autos above $30,000. In 1993, Congress repealed luxury taxes on boats, planes, jewelry and furs, but not on autos. Rather than repeal the tax on autos, Congress indexed its threshold to account for inflation.

As part of an industry-wide working group, AIADA successfully lobbied Congress to begin phasing out this tax on America's small business auto dealers. On August 28, 1996 the tax rate decreased from 10% to 9%. It rate will continue to decrease by 1% each year until January 1, 2003 when the tax will expire. As of January 1, 2002, the luxury tax is calculated at 3% of the amount of the selling price in excess of $40,000.

I know what the luxury tax is. I sold Toyotas and Hummers for a year. I also know that the 4Runner is the only vehicle from Toyota that hits luxury tax levels. Cuz for some reason the Cruiser and Sequoia had something with weight to make them not have to qualify. I just didn't know if the silverado did or not..... its 2% that i still would be pissed that they couldn't drop the price $2000 to spare people....

-Joe

I was just wondering if everyone (actually those of us who actually plan of purchasing the SSS) will have to pay MSRP or higher. My dealer and I have had several conversations and he is not going to treat this purchase any different than the previous deals that we made on truck purchases.

I have not heard fron Ron @ St.Pauleys. He may be able to sell at a normal / nominal mark-up.

The larger dealers are going to be allocated enough of the trucks that they probably won't go ape on the price....now the SSR may be totally different. :chevy:

How about a new poll regarding the price we paid in either $500 or $1000 increments starting with $36,000.00 through say $43,000.00? This, I think would keep in anonymous for any one who is not comfortable with telling what they paid for it.

Justin

PS- Make it price before tax and stuff.

• Admin
How about a new poll regarding the price we paid in either $500 or $1000 increments starting with $36,000.00 through say $43,000.00? This, I think would keep in anonymous for any one who is not comfortable with telling what they paid for it.

Justin

PS- Make it price before tax and stuff.

Hmm, good idea..

Of course we won't know the final price till later, as there may be some incentives that we can take advantage of at the time of delivery. Might take some of the sting away from the last minute gouge.

I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope, I hope...

I was just wondering if everyone (actually those of us who actually plan of purchasing the SSS) will have to pay MSRP or higher. My dealer and I have had several conversations and he is not going to treat this purchase any different than the previous deals that we made on truck purchases.

I have not heard fron Ron @ St.Pauleys. He may be able to sell at a normal / nominal mark-up.

The larger dealers are going to be allocated enough of the trucks that they probably won't go ape on the price....now the SSR may be totally different. :chevy:

Hey I'm sorry I missed your call! I had a pretty bad week here. My Dad passed away on Saturday so I've kind of had my head in my back side. Please feel free to call my toll free number and I'll see what I can do about getting you some numbers on the SS. I'm selling them much below MSRP. Like everyone else I'm disappointed in the Price difference. But I'm still discounting. Thanks.

Hello together...

I'm am ChevyFreak form far far away... I'm from Switzerland... (do you know Switzerland?)

I have read all your posts and watching your discussion. I have a question. What's MSRP? Anything to drink? :cheers:

My father plans to buy an '03 Silverado 2500HD 6.6l and I wish I could finance a SSS. At this time we have already own 2 Chevy's, a '89 Blazer Silverado and I own a '79 Caprice Classic.

We import the cars trough AUTOXPORT (www.autoxportusa.com) in New York via Amsterdam (Netherlands) to Zurich (Switzerland). Do you know Autoxport? Good reseller or bad?

By the way: Why do you not kick Ford drivers or owners an sympathisants from your Board? :D

Greetings from rainy and cloudy Switzerland... :sigh:

Alex

Archived