NEW CALIFORNIA LAWS

04CHASE

I hope no bans come to the east coast. I work via. my phone. Can't afford to have it off anytime ...

The bans actually started on the east coast... DC has had a cell phone ban for well over a year now, and I believe NYC has had it longer than that.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jesus. i love cali but they are def. getting a little outta hand here. theres a city in so cal called Calabasas and they have officially and legally banned smoking in the entire city. no cigars, no pot, no cigarettes. ive never smoked a day in my life, and i dont plan on it but that just seems like over kill. you're only allowed to smoke in your house?? dont get me wrong, i hate the smell of smoke yada yada yada, but damn. now no cell phones?

:withstupid: cali is really going up the ying yang with new laws

Snopes has de-bunked this:

http://www.snopes.com/politics/traffic/california.asp

All of those items are incorrect/inaccurate. Whew.

Good catch. Those are some impressive fines. I've surely paid my share of them lately.

As for the cell phone conversation issue. The problem most of the time I run into that issue is the driver. The kind of person that can't talk on their phone and drive are the same one's that run into someone while talking to someone in their own car, changing the radio station, looking for something on the floor, daydreaming, putting on make-up, etc. The people that can't talk on their cellphone and drive, usually can't drive very well no matter what they are doing.

New California Laws effective 7/1/07

New Driving Fines for 2007

1. Carpool lane - 1st time $1068.50 starting 7/1/07 (The $271 posted

on the highway is old). Don't do it again because 2nd time is going to be

double. 3rd time triple, and 4th time license suspended.

2. Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections.

3. Block intersection - $485

4. Driving on the shoulder - $450

5. Cell phone use in the construction zone. - Double fine as of 07/01/07.

Cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.

6. Passengers over 18 not in their seatbelts - both passengers and drivers get tickets .

7. Speeders can only drive 3 miles above the limit.

8. DUI = JAIL (Stays on your driving record for 10 years!)

9. As of 07/01/07 cell phone use must be "hands free" while driving.

Ticket is $285. They will be looking for this like crazy - easy money for police department

I'm not sure I can drive only 3 mph over the speed limit. :wtf:

Good catch. Those are some impressive fines. I've surely paid my share of them lately.

As for the cell phone conversation issue. The problem most of the time I run into that issue is the driver. The kind of person that can't talk on their phone and drive are the same one's that run into someone while talking to someone in their own car, changing the radio station, looking for something on the floor, daydreaming, putting on make-up, etc. The people that can't talk on their cellphone and drive, usually can't drive very well no matter what they are doing.

basically, those who are easily distracted or have total disregard for everyone else on the road or are just too oblivious to their surroundings. unfortunately, those people are everywhere and you can't avoid them.

"2. Incorrect lane change - $380. Don't cross the lane on solid lines or intersections.

The recommended fine for an unsafe turn or illegal lane change is $146, not $380. (Incidentally, according to the California Highway Patrol, "it is not illegal to change lanes in an intersection if it is safe to do.")"

I knew you could change lanes in an intersection. I coudln't figure out why they decided to rewrite that one. Turns out they didn't. My old high school driving instructor is still correct! :driving:

hey dont blame chase... i think he is a little loopy with the new engine and exhaust fumes he has been inhaling lately...

yea here is another link to the BS...

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_c...c_laws_2007.htm

whew, now i get to go back on traveling in the carpool lane with my blow up doll... her name is Lisa and she is a Leo and likes romantic dinners and drags on the beach... (she cant walk so i just drag her)

Edited by usabodyguard (see edit history)

hey dont blame chase... i think he is a little loopy with the new engine and exhaust fumes he has been inhaling lately...

yea here is another link to the BS...

http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/bl_c...c_laws_2007.htm

whew, now i get to go back on traveling in the carpool lane with my blow up doll... her name is Lisa and she is a Leo and likes romantic dinners and drags on the beach... (she cant walk so i just drag her)

uugh...... no one is blaming anyone :nonod: