a/c problem

BOB47

"BOB48" I guess u do not have a GM GMPP Extended Warranty then??? It was the CONDENSOR, not the COMPRESSOR??

No, no extra warranty. Never have had one on any vehicle. Never needed one before. Could have been the compressor, I'll check the paperwork tonight when I get home. They said part of the price was because they have to evac the whole system and recharge it.

I told the service manager that they could have at least offered me a cigarette after that screwing. :jester: He didn't seem to think that was very funny. :dunno: No sense of humor I guess. :D

Edited by BOB47 (see edit history)

evac, and charging does not involve any physical labor. just another bogus reason to charge more money. r134a cost about 11 bucks a pound right now.

"BOB48" I guess u do not have a GM GMPP Extended Warranty then??? It was the CONDENSOR, not the COMPRESSOR??

Just got home and checked. It was the COMPRESSOR not the condensor. My mistake.

Damn Bob,

That's a lot of money.

I wish I would have seen this earlier before you took it to the dealer.

I could have got you the parts (Delco too) and saved you a couple bucks if you knew someone who would put them on for you :banghead:

Brian

Still comin' to Zippy's?

Damn Bob,

That's a lot of money.

I wish I would have seen this earlier before you took it to the dealer.

I could have got you the parts (Delco too) and saved you a couple bucks if you knew someone who would put them on for you :banghead:

Brian

Still comin' to Zippy's?

Oh yeah--now ya tell me. :jester: I'll keep you in mind if anything else goes out.

I'm heading to Grand Haven next Thursday p.m. You?

Oh yeah--now ya tell me. :jester: I'll keep you in mind if anything else goes out.

I'm heading to Grand Haven next Thursday p.m. You?

Sorry,

I check off-topic,Gasoline Alley, Video & photography everyday and then bounce through the other forums haphazardly when something catches my eye. It's that 5 year old attention span that I cling to so dearly so I'm kinda like we todd did :jester:

The new screen name pretty much sums it up :wtf:

I'll be in town Wednesday P.M.