oil pressure thread!

i figured id post a topic about oil pressure, mainly because i am bored yet curious. so.....

list your related mods, if any:

Oil Pressure (Idle)-xx

Oil Pressure (WOT)-xx

-oil type/viscosity

-oil pump used

i will start-

Oil Pressure (Idle):57-60 psi

Oil Pressure (WOT):78-82 psi

-Mobil1 Synthetic 5W-30

-Lingenfelter Oil Pump

i figured id post a topic about oil pressure, mainly because i am bored yet curious. so.....

list your related mods, if any:

Oil Pressure (Idle)-xx

Oil Pressure (WOT)-xx

-oil type/viscosity

-oil pump used

i will start-

Oil Pressure (Idle):57-60 psi

Oil Pressure (WOT):78-82 psi

-Mobil1 Synthetic 5W-30

-Lingenfelter Oil Pump

Similar to mine, but I run a Z06 pump.

higher oil pressure is good, but it does have a tiny bit of extra draw on the crank. people have told me that it robs power, but i saw no loss on the dyno.... its just too small and gives such little resistance IMO to draw much power. the main positive to it is prolonged engine life, and just a tad safer operation IMO. i like to install high volume pumps on anything high hp/rpms.

i use the aeroforce to read my pressure.... and yes the stock gauges are pretty off, mainly the ECT. its usually off by +-20 deg.

higher oil pressure is good, but it does have a tiny bit of extra draw on the crank. people have told me that it robs power, but i saw no loss on the dyno.... its just too small and gives such little resistance IMO to draw much power. the main positive to it is prolonged engine life, and just a tad safer operation IMO. i like to install high volume pumps on anything high hp/rpms.

i use the aeroforce to read my pressure.... and yes the stock gauges are pretty off, mainly the ECT. its usually off by +-20 deg.

yeah i use my aeroforce to read oil pressure as well as trans/coolant and the 4th is sort of a hodgepodge. just checked my idle psi was at 32.