Standard Cab SS

adams2003

This truck looks badass. I sure hope chevy decides to make it. It makes 395hp and 409lbs of torque by replacing the heads with corvette heads and adding a high lift roller camshaft, which also increases the compression ratio. Since the compression ratio is already high, would you have to put the heads from our ss on there to add a supercharger without blowing up your engine?

intro.jpg

side.jpg

rear.jpg

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs::cheers:

that truck has been on here for a while. it's in the news area. it started life as a 99 sportside that they prototyped with a 6.0 and an auto back in 98 to see how the ss idea would go over. it led to the red ss extended cab which lead to the truck everyone on here see's today. for a blower, it would need less compression unless you were to keep it below 6psi of boost. personally i'd either increase the cubic inch or just port the heads and put in more cam. rev it high enough while making power and some good numbers will come out of it. i'd just rather not see them do it with a 6 speed.

the 6 speed is quite strong enough to handle. the problem is getting it too the ground. you can see the differences in the times from one test to the other with the srt10. the regular cab ss would probably weigh in around 4100 to 4200 or so and with a stick getting that much power to hook up in stock form wouldn't be easy especially once mods are being performed to it. another problem is shifting it, power shifting a stock z06 or 02' camaro with a hurst shifter is easily possible. powershifting a 6 speed in a truck consistantly will be more difficult. i'd way rather see a 4L65E be used since you can control tire spin easier with the stall speed choice not to mention the suspension works better with auto's than manuals. another issue with a stick, launch a few times at 4k plus with some good tires and you'll be picking an eaton-gov lock off the starting line of the track.

I hope they offer it with both 2wd and AWD capabilities. Myself, I would choose the AWD-It would be a little heavier, but traction would be much easier in street situations and year round weather. Either way, very nice truck and I can't wait. I've put off buying a new SS because I'm waiting for the Rg. cab. It's taking too long. :chevy:

I hope they offer it with both 2wd and AWD capabilities. Myself, I would choose the AWD-It would be a little heavier, but traction would be much easier in street situations and year round weather. Either way, very nice truck and I can't wait. I've put off buying a new SS because I'm waiting for the Rg. cab. It's taking too long. :chevy:

:withstupid: i think i would get a single cab if it came in AWD and with a T-56, those things can be made near indestructible, if u build them right... :cool:

Archived