MERRY CHRISTMAS !!

ginnie ss

Guys (and a couple of girls) I would like to wish EVERYONE a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy 2004... Hope we all get some Presents for our trucks. My wish list was a Cowl Hood and a Grill Kit (better be under the tree or in the garage). Good HEALTH to ALL of you and your Families. Here's to also some great 1/4 times at the track in the coming season!!! Take Care, Ginnie :thumbs:

Yep, hope everyone has a Merry and safe Christmas and New Year. Be careful out there on the road.

Pray for the servicemen abroad in harms way. May their families not have to suffer their loss during the holidays. Or after.

:cheers: Merry Christmas & a Happy New year to all the smart people who are driving the SS. I too hope all of our soldiers make it through this joyous time without falling in harms way. I thank the lord for 28 years of service without getting my butt shot off. We send our youngest , best , and brightest to fight our wars, and 60% of Americans still spend more time complaining about their taxes as opposed to supporting our troops.

Soldiers are still underpaid, overworked and asked to do more with less than anyone else in the free world. Say a prayer for our guys and gals today,tomorrow, and everyday until they come home.

God Bless America. And let's grant a wish to the terrorist bastards who want to destroy our way of life. Let's help them meet their maker. An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth. Never forget 911.....

Saddam, Can You See Me Now? :flag::flag::flag::flag::flag::flag:

I've been thinking you guys might like to know how it really is, and this seems like just the place to put it. I've withheld the name of the young man who wrote this. I've never met him before in my life, and began to correspond with him and send him and the 1st Platoon "care" packages by a "long and winding" road.

I've tried to recreate his last mail (a red cross Christmas card) exactly as he wrote it. Merry Christmas to you all, may God bless and keep you, and may he shine the light of peace and safety on our brave soldiers in the Gulf.

11-21-03 - Haven't wrote in a little while, we've been really busy. We did a 3 day FTX, deployed during a deployment !! Then 2 days later we got attached to 1st/101st ABN (327 INF) We were suppost to come here to Mosul to do patrols, sort of help out since things are so bad up here. Instead they used us to pull security on their sites so that they could do patrols. We've been up here for 2 weeks now, and we do stay busy. We're suppost to moving to a different site here soon. The chow isn't bad, but some of the basic qualities of life we are lacking. The 1st week we had no electiricity or running water. Now we have electricity and normally the water runs. Sometimes it runs all over the floor, but it does run.

Got your package & it was empty in 10 minutes. The boys always love those snacks! Plus I think those X-mas cards might come in handy, after all. It's still to far away to know for sure. If your wanting still to send some sort of X-mas packages to the boys I'm sure they would really enjoy that. I wouldn't send anything much besides food items or some baked goodies. I wouldn't want your gifts and the troops passing each other in the mail.

On the back of this I will put names of soldiers in the platoon down. Their address will be exactly the same as mine.

That Rakkasan flag you sent is definitly coming in handy! Since we're up here at 1st BDE's A.O., My C.O. stay at 3-327 TOC with 3rd platoon & hangs the flag where everyone can see! They have been invaded by the RAKKASANS!!! That really worked out great!

Just a couple more months now. The guys tend to get down sometimes because of how long we've been here, but whenever mail comes it cheers them up. I think mainly because someone thought enough & took the time to write. So thank you again.

Yours truly,

SGT (un-named)

2/187th Inf 101st ABN

Archived