What do you love about your SSS the most?

Well I don't own a SS Silverado, but I just bought a NBS Vortec Max, I was looking for a SS Silverado at a lot of Chevrolet dealers and I didn't find any at all so I bought a V-Max. My new Vortec Max is an extended cab LTZ and it is fully loaded except for sunroof. What made me buy my truck was that I always wanted an SS or a V-Max, so I bought one. I had a 2006 Silverado 5.3L and I traded it in for my V-Max because my 5.3L kept wasting the brakes to fast, so I just bought the V-Max, I bought it on the fourth of July.What I like about my truck is the leather interior and that around were I live you don't see any NBS V-Max LTZ Silverados. I'll post some pictures later.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watched it being unloaded off the trailer, always loved the looks of them, and always wanted one. Asked how much they wanted for it, checked on the payments. Barely able to afford it, but after test driving her, seeing what everyone thought of her, and enjoying the V8 (first one I might add) and the practically of it, I bit the bullet and got her. I'll be living with my parrents for awhile longer, lol, or the land of Ford. Though, sometimes I believe a Z71 would have been a hell of a lot better, but, it's nice having something that seperates me from the rest of the world.

first and foremost, it was a Chevy and that's all I've owned.

i was looking to get rid of my Tahoe and get another truck. i drove by my SS for about 2 weeks before i finally pulled in. it was parked out front on the grass at a Ford dealer between a Lightning and a modded Mustang GT. i've loved the SS since they came out but never thought i would get one. they had an 02 Silverado Z71 for about 6000 less and was looking at that when the salesman came out. never even opened the door on the Z71. took the SS for a ride and i was sold.

funny thing is, the SS was sold a couple of days earlier and the guys financing fell thru. i noticed it was gone for a couple of days and when it reappeared, I had to go in.

I had many miles on my 2001 silverado leased truck so it was time for a new truck. The ss has been sitting on the lot for many months staring at me so I called them up and asked if they took the gm discount. They paid off my lease(thank god) then gave me $4K off the sticker so I finally said I'll take her. My wife doesn't like my truck. She jeslous because I give it so much attention and money lol :crackup:

When the Silverado SS came out as an '03, I liked it immediately because of the looks, the big motor, and the AWD. I was in the middle of a lease on another car. But I saw mine parked on the corner of the local dealer's lot (it had been a GM exec vehicle). It called to me. I went in. I needed very little convincing. It was black (which is my favorite car color), had only 6700 miles on it, and I got a good deal. I haven't stopped loving it yet! :chevy:

Well I had an unfortunate deer accident with my s10 one night that ended up a complete loss. So I went truck shopping because I always wanted one and went to a local dealer where I saw a nice offroadz71 silverado that caught my eye but then ole blue as the sales man called it caught my eye a second later and he went inside to get keys to the offroadz71 but he also brought out the keys to the sss and gave them to me at first so i started it and drove it and then came back and drove the offroadz71 and there was absolutly no comparison. I have always loved the Silverado SS when they made them and never though a 20 year old kid like me could have one of the baddest trucks on the road all on my own. Just for those of you who have thoughts that someone helped me out I just want to say your wrong. The truck is on my credit only no co signer, I put a down payment, I pay the payments and maintenance on this beast. Just wanted to throw that out there I got this truck all on my own and no one helped me get it or keep it. :driving: and that is the main reason I love this truck so much and the fact that I can drive it year round and is a looks and performance beast and as others have said plenty of potential which I hope to experience eventually.

Edited by NashSS (see edit history)

wut made you guys buy ur truck???

I had a 2000 Z71 and was perfectly content with it until the SS came out in 03. The 6.0L, AWD, 20" tires and sportier suspension in a 1/2 ton truck made a hell of a lot of sense for what I really wanted in a truck. I kinda felt bad trading my old truck in because it only had 65K miles and was in great shape but that passed about 5 minutes after I left the dealer!

had a 1997 suburban which the trans was slippin'...(3rd trans)took it to the dealer to get a 2nd opinion(they changed the fluid) went from service to sales...walked up to a 1500 silverado looked inside seen cloth interior...said to the wife...cloth interior, she pointed at the black SSS sitting next to it and said you sould get that one we'll match( she has a 2003 monte SS - black) never told her about the 28k sticker...next morning I called the dealership and drove it home!

it was time to trade in my 01 z71. i was looking at a 03 z71 fully loaded, and then i saw the SS and after all the dicking around on the price of the z71, the SS was only $1800 more. better ride, more power, better looks, and you didn't see any of them on the streets.

BEST OF ALL... it's 1 of 1103 :chevy::thumbs:

:seeya:

well smog was going to be coming up on my dakota and since it was way beyond smog legal (blower/lt's/relocated cats/etc) i decided to bite the bullet and trade it in even though i owned it free and clear. didnt feel i needed 4wd enough to warrant gettig another 4X4. oddly enough i never even considered the SS until they became 2wd's. AWD was not happening for me. made up my mind i would get one but no one in this area had the color i wanted. had to drive about 30 miles away. got about 12k for my dodge and drove it home. then of course 2 weeks later gm comes out with their 4 year 100k warranty on all 07's. :banghead: