carpal tunnel syndrome

desertss

i went to the emergency room this evening. my left arm (i am very dominant right handed)

was paining me really bad. had a knot on my bone about 2 inches above my wrist. shooting pains radiated to my sholder. thumb and wrist ached very bad.

they said i have cts. they gave me a script for prednisolone, a steroid, told me to see a spec.

and cut me loose. no pain meds though. and told me to rest my arm.

has anyone had cts and the surgery to repair. did it work or not. how long off work.

I have it, but it doesn't sound like it's as bad as yours, though. I've researched the surgery, and it looks to be as bad, if not worse, than the condition. At first it's better, but scar tissue forms where the cut is made, and you end up back at square 1. Supposedly you can't have it done once/if that happens. I have a rist brace I wear when it flares up, and that helps a bit.

My Dad has had the surgery on both wrists over the past 18 months. In his case the surgery worked both times.

How long you are out of work really depends on you line of duty. Dad works for FedEX and was out for 6 weeks for each wrist. He had 60% recovery in 3-4 weeks and full in the 6 weeks.

His complaint was the PT, not the surgery. Doesn't help much that my Mom is a PTA either. It was kinda fun to watch her exact a little revenge though. :D

My Dad has had the surgery on both wrists over the past 18 months. In his case the surgery worked both times.

How long you are out of work really depends on you line of duty. Dad works for FedEX and was out for 6 weeks for each wrist. He had 60% recovery in 3-4 weeks and full in the 6 weeks.

His complaint was the PT, not the surgery. Doesn't help much that my Mom is a PTA either. It was kinda fun to watch her exact a little revenge though. :D

My dad also went with the surgery about 6 years ago on both hands one at a time. He told me it was night and day on the before and after. He had it bad in both hands and would have to pull over his truck due to loosing all feeling in his arm. I don't remember how long he missed work but I know it didn't take long for him to get back. He didn't opt to do both hands at once because my step ma wouldn't wipe his ass lol

My wife will need it soon too, she has a big as bump right below her thumb meat.... on the underside....

Good luck w/ it!!

I have a surgery coming soon, gonna ask about it in Gasoline Alley cause its a little too personal to just throw out there on the public threads.... It deals w/ the boys :banghead: