WOW ! I just got a tune

I just got a dyno/tune from tune time performence , im VERY happy with the way it came out . :thumbs: I went to Tune Time to got a outlaw intake put in and a tune also . My base lane run on the dyno was 345HP and 290 LBS on the torque . The top end speed was 99 MPH I think that is good for a stock truck. With the tune it is put in it was puting out 375HP and 315 LBS on the torque (that with 55% torque managment). The tune top end speed was 130+ MPH . The SS is like a new and diff. truck , im having a hard time beliving it . I got it set up with the tow/haul bottom on , it as a harder shift point and the tow/hoal off it as a liter shift point .Well Im very happy that I got a tune , Now I just hope I do not kill my self with it now ..... :jester: I going to the track soon and I will put # up . Thanks for your help guys . :cheers:

Mark

Nice work Mark! I think your HP and TQ numbers are backward though. Am I right?

Anyway, a dyno tune is the ticket for tuning WOT and it looks like you are a satisified customer. Been hearing good things about them. See ya at the NJ meet! :cheers:

Anyway, a dyno tune is the ticket for tuning WOT and it looks like you are a satisified customer. Been hearing good things about them. See ya at the NJ meet! :cheers:

Kind of what i was thinking unless he is referring to Hp at the crank but he is using a dyno so dunno.

Kind of what i was thinking unless he is referring to Hp at the crank but he is using a dyno so dunno.

even then the torque should be more since it's maing 395 stock if I'm not mistaken (if this isn't typed right it's because I had a party at my place tonight and drank quite a bit :cheers:)

Yea Kevin I got the number s backwards opps ......

Excelent Mark. Picking up 25-30 RWHP is deffinately noticeable. I believe it was more as well. If you rolled up and did a baseline with a cool engine and then hot after the tuning, you are putting much more to the pavement than the numbers say. I do not look at dyno #'s as absolutets but rather a gauge to measure gains as you did. A baseline, then some modification (tuning), then another pull.

I'd venture to say you added 40 to 50 HP at the crank. Not bad at all :thumbs:

FYI, I dyno'd 355/380 with a cam, UD pulleys, E-fans, 160 thermo, headders - full dual exhaust, tuning and a cold air intake. Your numbers are great.

Where is TuneTime located?

Excelent Mark. Picking up 25-30 RWHP is deffinately noticeable. I believe it was more as well. If you rolled up and did a baseline with a cool engine and then hot after the tuning, you are putting much more to the pavement than the numbers say. I do not look at dyno #'s as absolutets but rather a gauge to measure gains as you did. A baseline, then some modification (tuning), then another pull.

I'd venture to say you added 40 to 50 HP at the crank. Not bad at all :thumbs:

FYI, I dyno'd 355/380 with a cam, UD pulleys, E-fans, 160 thermo, headders - full dual exhaust, tuning and a cold air intake. Your numbers are great.

Where is TuneTime located?

Tune time is just off of route 37 in Toms River NJ I do not know the name of the road . n

Kev On the 2nd pull that matt did (watch it was the fisrt pull with the tune). around 4400 -4600 rpm the rpm's went down alot . Matt did a scan on it , and it was says the cats where too hot or something like that and it was dumping the foul . That was at 120 MPH i will never see that , but I just would like to know why ?Matt from tune time had a hard time working on that . :banghead:

Tune time is just off of route 37 in Toms River NJ I do not know the name of the road . n

Kev On the 2nd pull that matt did (watch it was the fisrt pull with the tune). around 4400 -4600 rpm the rpm's went down alot . Matt did a scan on it , and it was says the cats where too hot or something like that and it was dumping the foul . That was at 120 MPH i will never see that , but I just would like to know why ?Matt from tune time had a hard time working on that . :banghead:

I have a hard time believing you overheated your cats with your mods unless you were running very lean. Cat over temp will dump more fuel in an effort to keep the cats cooler but having a RPM drop because of that I question. :dunno: IMHO, your RPM drop was due to the torque converter locking. I see about a 500rpm drop when this occurs. The tuner should have commanded the converter to be totally unlocked through your pull OR locked prior to the WOT pull. Locked will show a higher overall #.

Anyway, I though they were in that area. I believe (not certain) that a former tuner from SLP started the tuning section of that shop. SLP is just down the road.