shorty headers

smoke03

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah every silverado has them stock.........sorty are= to the gm stock manifolds! ! get long tubes, thats the only real way to go :thumbs:

guess that means i need to start looking for some long tubes then ...huh?

Any body know what i can get a good set used for. I have a friend put some BBK"S on his mustang (Im sure thats a bad word in here...it should be anyway...lol.) and he said he counldnt tell a difference in them and the stock manifolds...will i have to get a tune (which i plan on doing) before i see any improvement?

Shorty's will give you a little gain, not as much as a set of long tubes, but they will allow you to keep your cat's in place, and you can install them yourself, as apposed to having an exhaust shop do it. Dynomaxx makes a set of LT's with cats that are a direct bolt in, but they run about $1500 a set.

Pacesetter's seem to a favorite around here for LT's. I think a guy could probably be into a set of those installed for under $800 (just a guess)

I've got a set of Gibson shorties, stainless ceramic coated, a set of those would run around $800 new(i think, its been a while since i priced them), but i bought mine used and had them coated at a local powdercoat shop, I ended up with about $460 into them. They look nice and gave the truck a little more growl, and i did notice a little gain in fuel economy and it seemed to breath a bit better.

Edited by montanass (see edit history)

I was plannig on buying Dynatech LT's but funds ran short and I couldn't justify $1400. So I went with BBK shorties. I thought they were long tubes when I ordered them. Had a pic next to part number that showed LT's but there definatley shorties. I put them on and I'm pleased with them, I also cut out my cats.

I was plannig on buying Dynatech LT's but funds ran short and I couldn't justify $1400. So I went with BBK shorties. I thought they were long tubes when I ordered them. Had a pic next to part number that showed LT's but there definatley shorties. I put them on and I'm pleased with them, I also cut out my cats.

Did you notice any gain from the BBKs?