thinking about new drop

beltech doesent have a coil over kit for us . they have one for the 07 silverado nbs, i thought it was for ours when i first saw it too i talked with someone i know at beltech and there is nothing yet . coilovers would kisck ass though.

looking to do a 3/4 drop now i think and hoping some 2wd guys might have some pictures to share on how it would look with a torsion bar front end setup. out2win you out there?

3/4 is what I used to have. I raised the front end when I traveled down to TX because my tires were gonna rub.

A while back I saw a control arm for torsion bar equipped trucks and now I cant find them. Stylin Concepts had them and they were 3" but they cant seem to get me a pair. I am wanting to add the 3" control arms with my current 2" belltech spindles. Then either add the shackles to my drop leafs or remove the leafs and add a flip kit with c-notch. All this will be on my replica 22s with 285/35/22.

Update:

I finally got through to Stylin' Concepts and after fighting back and forth with them.....they understood what I wanted. They still sent me the wrong control arm. Well now I got the correct one on the way and should get it next week. Part number: CA2001L-3.

I am looking forward to having a 5/7 drop.....

its like 3/4 now its 33 1/8 inches to fender in front and 33 1/2 in the back i dont know what it was stock

DSCI0026-1.jpg

If 33" is a 3" drop I must be near 4" up front. I've got to turn my torsion bar bolts up a few. So I guess I've got a 4/2 drop lol :jester: . The front does look good with the height at 32" but it drives rough. I think drilling the 1st & 2nd bump stop nub has helped soften it up a lot. One I get it back up to 33" I'll be happy I guess. I might just keep it at 32.5". Now to do something about the rear. rivierakid did you use shims with the 3" leaf drop? Can I use the leaf drop with shackles?

i messed with it a little more since the pics and now it measures 32 7/8 in front and 33 1/2 in the rear now it is perfect and does not rub what size wheels and tires are you running that may be why mine is higher my wheels are 22 by 10 and my tires are 325/40/22 the overall tire measurement is like 32.2 so i can just get two fingers in between the tiire and fender it aint going any lower

• 10 months later...