need to kill my KR

Firestorm

i would like to personally thank all of you for your comments.

i havent tuned anything since my 66 nova 355 6-pack.

all i needed was 3 vacuum guages, a timing light, and a screwdriver. lol.

buying a SSS, made me interested in a little more performance, as the stock setup

left me wanting a little more , hence the minor mods i described above.

The extra brreathing and mail order tune yielded me a large increase in HWY MPG.

Buying that damn cobalt, and going to the track for the first time in my life made me rally want more out of the car. Too bad I wound up with a bad tuner working on it, and then another one changing it all

again, leaving me with a bit of a mess. This is what led me to buying HPTuners, and a wideband,

as I didnt like being told "I did a bunch of stuff, and your car didnt like it, so I changed more stuff, and sorry

if it runs kinda bad, but it's the last guys fault."

Now i could see whatr each tuner had done, and how the stock setup was.

3 weeks of intense reading and borrowing my buddies books from efi101.com, combine with my useless

"old school" knowledge, i have a basic understanding whats going on.

i do acknowledge that a noob armed with a laptop, and HPT, can really do a lot of damage.

So, again, I thank you all for your help.

Edited by Firestorm (see edit history)

I found my KR to be false since I am running 110 octane. I removed some timing in the RPM range where I was seeing KR and it didn't go away. This lead me to beleive that it was false due to engine/exhaust noise. To fix it, I turned my knock sensor sensitivity waaaaay down. Now there is zero KR at WOT.

i havent been too keen on playing with the knock decay, and knock attack, until i know more about it.

same goes for enrichment rate. i know the stock values, and what my car is set at, so if you have any suggestion, id be willing to look at it. and i also have come across phantom knock on my car, and have the kr retard backed off 2 degrees. i need more good info to read. heh.

Curtis.

Edited by Firestorm (see edit history)