Hit-and-Run

Try this on for size y'all. Sunday night, my dad was involved in a hit-and-run accident, coming home after getting him and mom some food. I just pretty much just started my shift at work and everything when it happened, 10:10pm - 10:15pm. The car came up behind him, pretty fast, with their high-beams on, while driving on a dark, two-lane, curvy, hilly, deep-ditched back road, and tail gated him for alittle awhile. I guess they then went up beside him, hit him, and drove off. Here's the kicker! The hit-and-run driver (or passenger, not sure who was driving) is my co-worker. Found this out, just he was bragging about to our assistant manager, not knowing it was my father that was hit (but my Asst. Man. already knew my dad was involved, and was looking for the suspect for me). I know he knows I know, and so forth... and we live just 1/4 mile apart....

So, this is getting alittle out of hand, and friends of mine are now also involved (the kind of friends that will go to jail for you, and/or with you, and their chomping at the bit to get him). Need some advice how to handle this, and I know he's uninsured, well his buddy is, which it was his buddy's car, and he lives in the next county.

It was my mom's car he hit, the 1999 Ford Taurus SHO, 3.4L V8, 32 valve monster, that is actually built by Yamaha, and was tested at 14,000 RPM's for 24 hours.... Also, the car was just paid off, 5 day's prior.... First esimiate was at $1,800, and that is taking for granted the front fender can be saved, and nothing inside the door is damaged.

Sorry for the long post, but I need to rant, and need advice, and you guys (and girls) are great with advice... usually! lol

I'm just shocked that you know who it is and your actually on here asking us what to do.....

I'm sure your a nice respectible guy just like myself, but i would have torn into that ass clown as soon as i heard him bragging about it. Then went hunting for his buddy. If they don't have insurance, take it out of there ass.

Call the cops because he was bragging about his hit and run, put his ass in jail, sue him or his insurance, and if all else fails beat his teeth down his throat.

I'm glad your dad wasnt hurt by this ass.

Edited by brobradh77 (see edit history)

You DON'T get involved; your dad was the victim of a felony, work your police/fire contacts and get the m'r f'r in jail where he belongs. Glad to hear he's ok and it's just the car with damage.

Mr. P.

Let him go to jail...it will hurt him more and cost him ALOT more in the longer run than an a$$ whopping by your friends...Everytime for the rest of his life he walks into an interview, he will have to check "YES, I have been convicted of a felony." And explain his azzhat mistake to everyone...for the rest of his life. He wont be able to purchase firearms legally anywhere either. His legal fees will probably surmount to well over $5,000 if not more...He may or may not serve jail time, but either way, he will probably have probation for at least one year and have to report to some mean old hag probation officer, tell her what he has been up to, piss in a cup, etc. It wont be fun for him.

Your friends wont kill someone for you over something like this...if they will...find new friends to be associated with.

Report them to the police before they can have their car fixed and hide the evidence...get police reports/statements from your boss etc.

Edited by Black2003SS (see edit history)

I agree with those who say to handle it legally. As good as it would feel to go and beat the living crap out of the idiots, someone who doesn't belong in jail could wind up there. Doing it legally will take longer, but the results will last longer than a black eye too.

glad to here your pop is ok.

sucks about the sho though. those things are sleepers, i had a 91 and a 94. its a kick in the pants when the 2nd intake opens at 4000rpm. feels like a turbo kicking in. my 91 was a stick and it would lite the tires when it kicked in at 4000 and second gear.

Yeah, would love do to it legally. The problem is, he won't confess the name of his buddy. Also, my asst. manager doesn't want to get involved too much. I don't know, I want to make things right, at the same time, I don't want to put my certifications in jeapordy, or my truck, cause I'ved worked way to long to obtain all of those.