This is just wrong...

BumpinSS

I'd rather have a GTM, cleaner lines in my opinion, probably less expensive and fast as hell also...I really dont like the taillights on that one in the first post. They look like little gay rocket ferry boosters...

GTM FYI...

B1.jpg

C148.jpg

D281.jpg

H1.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

I'd rather have a GTM, cleaner lines in my opinion, probably less expensive and fast as hell also...I really dont like the taillights on that one in the first post. They look like little gay rocket ferry boosters...

GTM FYI...

B1.jpg

C148.jpg

D281.jpg

H1.jpg

IMG_3469.jpg

:withstupid:

I mean, I wouldn't throw the first one out of my garage (if I had a garage), but this is far nicer. IMO

The GTM can be had for about the price of a nice used LS7 Z06. Its basically a kit car that is bolt together hand built. Tubular chassis/frame assembled with a corvette donor suspension and powertrain (porsche G50 5 or 6 speed manual gear box. Mid engine design. With the stock 350hp LS1 corvette motor, teh GTM does 0-60mph in 3.5 secs and an estimated 1/4 mile time of low 11's. The car weighs in at 2,200lbs. They have some running around with LS7 505hp motors in them...the kit is $20k, you need a decent 97-04 corvette donor car for the suspension, motor, radiator, etc $10k on ebay or junk yard usually. G50 transaxle at about $4k...thats $35k, misc. extras at about $5k...so for $40k, you could have one and put it together yourself as there is no custom welding/fabrication, comes with complete interior/windows etc. Estimated at 300hrs of labor to complete assembly...$80/hr at a reputable shop...$24,000. so for about $64k, you could have one built...wow. Some jsu tmight take a Z06 and be done with it, but this would be more fun.

After looking at the pics of the first car in the original post, I finally figured out what I dont like about it...it is still the taillights, but here is why...they are trying so hard to retro the look with a 69-82 tail light knock off, I just feel its gone horribly wrong. I also think the squared camopys behind each seat is too busy and not right...rounded would have been much better. Take the bod out over the tops of the tail lights and that would be a major improvement.

is it just me or does the 2nd car look like a ford gt40?

Yep, that's what I thought when I first looked at it. Somebody dropped a Chevy motor in a Ford body once again.