trucks in the bodyshop!

before you try painting it through someone else. Try waxing it and everything yourself. Get you some sratch and swirl remover with some paint cleaner, than polish, followed up by some zaino or something and I'll bet youll be very surprised! Its a cheaper option and worth a shot in my opinion before you go blowing money on a fresh paint job when it looks to me it just needs a good wax job.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like you got some mad swirls. I'd have the body man get it right.

Other than the spider webs, the truck looks very nice... :thumbs:

thats nothing, you should see the other side. thats why im pissed. im probably going to do all what nashss said first but theres a few areas the looks like there down through the clear!! :banghead: at work i will pick up all the stuff and try working on it. if not it will be painted. its bad when my mom notices all the swirls and things wrong with it and she doesnt really notice anything about cars.

p.s ill get pics in the day so you can see how bad it gets in area's also i was thinking of changing the color on the paint job since black is such a bit&* to keep looking good. i was thiinking a silver and black 2 tone black up top silver on the bottom, or blue and black. give me some ideas nothing to crazy lol~~~Kyle

First, I would go kick the bodyshop guy in the balls for attempting to buff a vehicle and not knowing what the phuck he was doing. The only way to get those swirls out is to use a machine, and someone who knows what they are doing.

Are the swirls the only reason why you would want a new painjob? How many body panels did this clown paint?

First, I would go kick the bodyshop guy in the balls for attempting to buff a vehicle and not knowing what the phuck he was doing. The only way to get those swirls out is to use a machine, and someone who knows what they are doing.

Are the swirls the only reason why you would want a new painjob? How many body panels did this clown paint?

not only the swirls, around the pass "ls" molding you could see where it was becuase of the clear around the old paint. not that bad but in some areas there are alot of scratches. the only things he painted was the roll pan and wing. also one part theres a area where the paint was "burnt" i think when he buffed it. only in direct sunlight can you see how bad it is. plus when he water sanded around the fender flares you can still see the diffrence. im just really pissed. the paint b4 was nice ,not great but imo better than what it is now.

more pics, still doesnt show the most of it. i guess you need to see it in person to see them.

also i was thinking abotu colors and was thinking a two tone with this red from the r1, my freind just bought one and to see it in person is amazing r13.jpg

truck12007.jpg

truck12006.jpg

truck12005.jpg

truck12004.jpg

truck12003.jpg

truck12002.jpg

truck12001.jpg

As far as the swirls, those can be fixed. This also happened to my truck, I had a so called "professional" buff it and he created more swirls than anything. All you need to do is find a reputible detailer and have him do his magic on your paint. Kyle, I have seen worse and they were able to bring the paint back to life, and look better than new.

However, your truck has made a huge improvment. You are getting real close to the Clone you wanted.

Can't wait to see those tails on your truck.

As far as the swirls, those can be fixed. This also happened to my truck, I had a so called "professional" buff it and he created more swirls than anything. All you need to do is find a reputible detailer and have him do his magic on your paint. Kyle, I have seen worse and they were able to bring the paint back to life, and look better than new.

However, your truck has made a huge improvment. You are getting real close to the Clone you wanted.

Can't wait to see those tails on your truck.

ya but in some spots its like dull and it looks like he went through the clear. i have a reall good deatailer ill try, would the dealership touch something like this?? and i cant wait for the tail to come in tomorow im actual;ly going to install the fire and ice tonight so i can put them on, i didnt want to b4 but i see that its removable.

Looks good.. now drop that bitch! at least 2/4!

that drop will be done this month. it has taken so long to find time but me and my uncle finally have time off together, the parts are getting dusty. i think it will look realy nice once the drop is done.

EDIT: is there a way to change the name to a topic? i want to change this to a pic thread so i can show the progress without starting a whole new topic everytime.

Edited by 04silveradoclone07ss (see edit history)

well im finally done, had to go out and get some tape and solder but im finally done. heres the pics, hope you like. also i cant believe my lights came in a day early, i guess its my lucky day. also can i go thru a car wash with my tinted tails?

truck12008.jpg

truck12009.jpg

just a pic of when i was working on it.

truck12010.jpg

truck12012.jpg

truck12013.jpg

truck12014.jpg

truck12015.jpg

and a little video me and a freind watching me work made lol.

th_f4986680.jpg