trucks in the bodyshop!

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got some day pics. i will be sanding and repainting my diff cover today. since its not dropped you can see the black out rear but can see a rustcolored/dirty diff color. no good in my eyes. i was thinking of a silver dif cover with black bolts or keep it black with silver bolts??

truck12017.jpg

truck12016.jpg

Looks good! one thing who ever you take it to buff the paint out make sure they dont touch the rollpan and wing because you just had them painted and thats the last thing you want phucked up on it.

Damn those tails look familiar. Glad they got to you in one piece.

Your question about the car wash. NO...... You should never take a black vehicle through the car wash, even if it is touchless. Get your self a hose, sheep skin mit, and some good microfiber towels. That is if you want your paint to last. If you choose to go the car wash route those swirls will only get worse. I hand wash my truck ALL the time, and I wish my truck was as small as yours :jester: It would be so easy.

Sorry if it sounds like I am telling you how to wash your truck, but I am only telling you this because I don't want to see you scratch and swirl up your black paint.

817601274_l.jpglooks good man. by the way the red on the R1 costs about 100 bucks a quart. it's the color on my R6 and i had to buy some to do some touch up on it but it definetly looks good with black in a two tone scheme Edited by ss wrecker (see edit history)

Damn those tails look familiar. Glad they got to you in one piece.

Your question about the car wash. NO...... You should never take a black vehicle through the car wash, even if it is touchless. Get your self a hose, sheep skin mit, and some good microfiber towels. That is if you want your paint to last. If you choose to go the car wash route those swirls will only get worse. I hand wash my truck ALL the time, and I wish my truck was as small as yours :jester: It would be so easy.

Sorry if it sounds like I am telling you how to wash your truck, but I am only telling you this because I don't want to see you scratch and swirl up your black paint.

dont be sorry, after seeing your truck and your tails how nice of a shape they are in i will take all the advice i can from you.

sswrecker-about how many quarts would it take to do a complete job in that color and ho wmany if i just did half like half black(top) red (bottom) or vice versa