Houston we got carnage...

Let me rephrase my reply as I misunderstood. I am not aware of any BILLET input shafts.

I was just answering his question, sorry. :ughdance: I didn't mean to sound like I was being a dick. I think the Rossler version may be billet.

I was just answering his question, sorry. :ughdance: I didn't mean to sound like I was being a dick. I think the Rossler version may be billet.

Stop it! I didn't even think of it that way. I value your opinion and comments on this forum, you know that. :P I was just clairifying my statement as I thought "billet" when I typed but the way I answered made it look different. My apology, not yours. :cheers:

I would just like to point out that Mr. P says his hardened tube is now all bumpy....eeewwwww!

BTW, let me know if you need any help with GM persuasion. I'm getting ready to take up the clunking steering shaft fight again. We may as well add your axle shaft woes to the mix.

Edited by Nuzman (see edit history)

• 1 month later...

Nope; actually it is shifting far softer than the JAG Performance build, and softer than Zippy's kit. PCM transmission tables are stock, pump is a 10-vane unit. The output shaft broke because the front pinion bound-up solid.Mr. P.

The question now is, can mcafee protect your tranny?
:lol: Nope!

Would it not be possible to get one of those rear axle girdles and use it on the front axle? It sounds right in my head to say that our trucks have the same axles front and back... Still, is re-inforcing the front axle with one of those heat-finned T/A (or similar) girdle covers possible?

Would it not be possible to get one of those rear axle girdles and use it on the front axle? It sounds right in my head to say that our trucks have the same axles front and back... Still, is re-inforcing the front axle with one of those heat-finned T/A (or similar) girdle covers possible?

The front axle is OPEN differential; when you over-load an Open differential one tire (or the other) breaks traction, hence relieving stress from the carrier. The front axle housing is more than substantial for an open differential; if it were a locker or heavy-duty posi that would be a different story. I'll know the whole situation when the dealer does open it up.

And no the front axle by design already is "girdled", you have to split the entire housing in half to get inside it not just unbolt a flimsy inspection cover.

Mr. P.