Trans cooler upgrade this weekend

So i had the front grill off and saw the smallest trans cooler ever, it's got to go! Ordered up a perma-cool unit w/fan& thermo switch. Trying to save some money in the long run. Will start the install this weekend. Any one else changed theirs on the Vmax?

I changed to a B&M and it only made about 10* difference in similar conditions. I also have efans that run almost all the time.

are you running a fan on the cooler itself? We did a b&m w/fan on my brothers d-max and it dropped the temp from 210 to never above 170 while towing!

OK half way done, cooler install finished but still waiting on thermo switch wiring harness(had to reorder).

001-1.jpg

Little more then a slight rebend to get the hard lines ligned up right... just elbow grease

002-1.jpg

003.jpg

Edited by dl/06MAX/bluegranite (see edit history)

I went to do the trans service this last weekend but realized that the Gm gen. 6 trans fluid is synthetic. Service not needed till 50,000 miles :eek: I won't be waiting that long but I have other things to save for right know. Your about 80 miles away thats not to bad!

So i had the front grill off and saw the smallest trans cooler ever, it's got to go! Ordered up a perma-cool unit w/fan& thermo switch. Trying to save some money in the long run. Will start the install this weekend. Any one else changed theirs on the Vmax?

how much was that and were did u get it

how much was that and were did u get it

look at the pics! (Jegs) and the fittings were 8.99 a piece thermo switch and wiring harness was like 60 bucks permacool kit #18905

Edited by dl/06MAX/bluegranite (see edit history)