Front Air Splitter

Barney

Okay I was watching some F1 racing and I want an Carbon Fiber Air Splitter on the front bumper. Do you guys thing thins would do anything or just be a dumb cosmetic/apperence item? I am also curious on the price of such an item. I have not vacuum bag expericence with Carbon fiber so wanted some input.

Thanks in Advance

Barney

• 2 weeks later...

Well I am not sure what your talking about. A splitter typically runs horizontal with the ground, front air dam is vertical with the ground. I run a splitter on my eclipse. Actually it is just cut out of 1/4" plywood (yea it sounds getto but it works very well!, and doesn't look bad) This could also be easily done by purchasing a Carbon Fiber Panel instead of the plywood. Call Dragon Plate or another manufacture for pricing.

What do you want this for? Drag Racing, Road Racing, Looks? I ran my stock truck this weekend in an Open Road Race averaging 90 mph and it handled good, I don't think a splitter or wing would really affect anything because the Silverado is a 5200lbs brick (it would take a very serious areo package to do anything!)