Okay, sunroof install... The dealer made it sound like it was a Simple

AndromedaSS

NICE!! Mine has a Sunroof but instead of that nice cover you have i got the crappy one with little hole's on it, not really help agianst the sun! :(

I know what you are going through. I have the samething on mine. It drives me crazy but I enjoy the sun roof and use it all the time.

:chevy::flag::chevy:

Yeah I think the one that pops out is ricer, is that how all factory sunroofs came on the SSS? I think you should just find an aftermarket one with a warranty that retracts inside the roof.

r8rs4lf

How much did ypur sunroof cost?

Somewhere in the neighborhood of $1200.00 installed. It might have been a little more (I can't recall) since I had them install the switch in my console. That's a long run from the unit itself.

Im going to the dealer next week to have the Nav installed along with my stainless side steps... buuuut I wanna take a look at a truck with a sunroof already in it, to see if i like it... Thanks everyone, for the replies. :)

this is a mod ive been wanting to do for a long time, not to mention the g.f would really like it, but it will add at least 100 lbs to my truck which i dont need.

100lbs ? You sure? You are replacing a lot of metal and other stuff where the sunroof goes... I would think that it wouldnt add anymore than 30lb or so ?

My SSS came with one from the factory, and I never open mine up all the way so that it looks like a 'ricer wing'. I usually just crack it for a nice breeze, I think it looks nice when its just popped straight up or open an inch or two......:chevy:

I guess it is just a matter of personal preference........

:withstupid:

I was the first one here to get an ASC Inalfa roof. R8rs4lf was the second :) I haven't had any problem whatsoever with it.

which one is that?? is that the aftermarket one? or from the dealer??? do you have any extra pics? Thanks :)