2008 Viper Update.

BumpinSS

Ok Crazy :jester: The vette is my choice no doubt. I'm just not a fan of the viper. I'd buy a Z06 vette because it fast and looks good. I wouldn't buy it to "turn heads". I don't really care if people watch me as I go buy. I stuck with the stock SS look for ever. I didn't do the exterior mods so people would look at me. I did it because I like the look. I guess if you want attention then get the viper or any other exotic looking car. That's just not my style. The wife is the same way. We both like BMW's but after driving the 3 series we though no way. No power so why pay so much(talking about BMW 3 series). Just my opinion. Everybody has a different one.

EDIT: part about BMW and power. I know the viper has power.

i never said anything about what other people think. i could give a shit about who looks, or doesnt. i dont buy cars based on how popular or cool they are, i buy them for me. i personally like the viper more in every single aspect. not to say that i dont like the z06. i think the z06 is one of the baddest cars ever made, i just like the viper more. ive liked it since it came out, and i think it gets better and better every year.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Don't worry the blue devil is coming. Vipers are ok but who really wants a dodge.

ME.

:lol:

Taken from an objective standpoint, and not a "crying brand bias" standpoint.... I would take the Viper no questions asked.

Mind you, I COULDN'T AFFORD ONE, so it doesn't really matter.

Bang for the buck I think the Corvette gets the nod. Great performance at a lower price.

Image, or boulevard appeal I think it's a no brainer, the Viper has curb appeal. It oozes curb appeal.

The Corvette isn't "bad" looking, it's just way too common, and much more bland looking IMO. It's not like in 1963 when the Corvette debuted and stopped everybody in their tracks..... it's a much less stunning car comparatively nowadays.

I don't think PERFORMANCE wise you'll notice the difference between the new Viper and the Z06. The Viper may be faster at the track by a small amount but it won't be noticeable on the street I'm willing to bet, and it's mostly a burn out until 50mph on the street for either car anyways.

haha.. yeah the 328i is a dog compared to the 335i... the 335i is a Twin Turbo inline 6.. and straight hauls @ss !

Well here's what I DON'T understand....

I read a thread at the LX.com forums about how fast the BMW 335i was, and the next time I was on the freeway (in my wife's just about dead stock Magnum R/T) I happened along a BMW 335i with two people in it running up people's arses and whipping in and out of lanes.

The traffic opened and he hit it first, I pounded it very soon after. I not only caught him but PASSED him from 50ish mph until well over 100mph. I had full on go's with the 335i a half dozen times, I pulled on him every time, sometimes pretty impressively.

My wife's car is NOT an SRT, it's a 5.7 Magnum R/T. He DID have a passenger, but both guys looked small. The only thing I could think of was either the turbo needed to be spooled and wasn't or the guy didn't know how to drive, but I can tell you I thought I was gonna get WAXED, and I ended up pulling on HIM.

Left me confused to say the least.

Would the FFR GTM suffice for that exotic look? I mean, granted, it isn't a Corvette anymore, but it was originally a C5 body. It'd be cool if Chevy took that look, or at least something similar to it for the Vette. People would get the exotic look that'll definitely turn heads, and they'd have the Corvette that they love.

Just in case you've never seen the FFR GTM, here's two vids with it. I definitely wouldn't mind having one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ5HeW4vso8

Would the FFR GTM suffice for that exotic look? I mean, granted, it isn't a Corvette anymore, but it was originally a C5 body. It'd be cool if Chevy took that look, or at least something similar to it for the Vette. People would get the exotic look that'll definitely turn heads, and they'd have the Corvette that they love.

Just in case you've never seen the FFR GTM, here's two vids with it. I definitely wouldn't mind having one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZQ5HeW4vso8

I don't find the first video too flattering for the car, but the second video sure is.

THAT is a completely different league of "curb appeal" as far as I'm concerned compared to the new Corvette, just from a LOOKS only perspective.

Cool vid. Thanks for the link!

DAMN .. if Chevy made the Z06 look like that, I dont care how I would do it, I would find a way right now to buy one.... that is seriously bad ass.

I'm with you on that one, man!

But since it probably won't happen, you can always just buy yourself one of those. I think my brother said they cost about $20-$40,000. I don't know if that includes the price that you'd pay to get the C5 body.

I don't find the first video too flattering for the car, but the second video sure is.

THAT is a completely different league of "curb appeal" as far as I'm concerned compared to the new Corvette, just from a LOOKS only perspective.

Cool vid. Thanks for the link!

No problem!

The GTM is definitely in a completely different league of curb appeal compared to the new Vette. I'm tellin' ya, man, if Chevy took that look for the Vette, I think their sales would skyrocket due to the amount of people who want an exotic looking car at a cheaper price.

Of course Chevy could always just keep the Vette they have now, and make this one into a completely different car...

The blue devil may have some competition, the only reason i say this is that i stumbled across something called the Diamondback Viper while Online with a supposed 650-700hp and a completely carbon fiber body. the car is being engineered by ASC Mclaren. :uhoh:

I was driving over to my sister in laws house the other day with the wife, and I thought about this thread and took a pic... I guess this is a good reason as to why I would choose a Viper over a vette...

img0351.jpg

Theres actually 4 of them in this pic, the one in the very front was a C6 Z06 with a plate saying '1 QWIK 06' or something like that

And I had just saw a black Z06 about 3-4 miles back pulling out of a shopping center before that

A little too common compared to the Vipe's

^ Exactly, just like the third gen Camaro's. Man, I can't spit around here without hitting one!

@ ZZebes post, my brother showed me that Diamondback Viper, it looks damn sweet. It's running some pretty killer specs in terms of hp too.

I was just reading up on the new Viper...I still think that the Z06 hasnt been completely beat for now. The top speed of the viper may be 200mph or higher...but who gets to the top speed in a race anyway? Plus, the 0-60 time is listed as under 4 seconds, I believe that Dodge noticed that the 0-60 on the viper is still slower than the Z06 with the new engine and what not and they are panicing. If they knew the 0-60 was faster than the Z06, they would sure as hell let you know about it.

Edited by jballer323 (see edit history)