2008 Viper Update.

BumpinSS

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But you all are right about the turning heads part because you dont see very many of them especially where i am from

I've seen the vipers and I'm like so what. I guess I'm not a fan of their looks. The vette is better looking in my opinion and people love the vette. The new Z06 is bad@ss and chevy keeps pushing the envelope with it. Blue devil will spanks that vipers ass and it's a chevy.

I've seen the vipers and I'm like so what. I guess I'm not a fan of their looks. The vette is better looking in my opinion and people love the vette. The new Z06 is bad@ss and chevy keeps pushing the envelope with it. Blue devil will spanks that vipers ass and it's a chevy.

:withstupid:

The ride quality between a Viper and a Vette is the seller for me ... I can't hardly go to town for a drink in a Viper, damn things are ROUGH ... Quality man .... give me the vette ... but you do see them everywhere.

well since someone has got a stock z06 to run 10.8 with just drag radials, i think a blower will get it into the single digits with the right driver and track.

but the viper does look good for a dodge. ive sat in a viper and comared to a vette is isnt comfortable. im not a huge guy (6'1" 180 lbs)

but anyon ebigger than me would be comfortable in a viper imo

ill wait for what gm has to offer in 09 , this is the name of the game folks, make a fast car, then the other company will top it, its a never ending war. I have read the new vette and certain super cars will require a class/lessons before they will hand over the keys. which imo is a good idea since some of these rich know it alls think they can just buy one and drive the shit out of it without knowing shit about driving.

so there is an apple for apple comparison here is a tt viper video

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/a024598...577cbef9dfb.htm

Not sure if it would be apple vs. apple if cost was a factor, but there is no doubt that is a badass car and exceptionally fast. Im sure with the new warhawk block and the lsx block we will see some c5's and c6's in the 7's in the near future if there isn't already :dunno: . I just read an article about a new lsx making 930hp N/A.....Cant wait to see an extreme turbo setup on one of these blocks.....Its supposed to be able to handle upword of 2000 hp ive heard. :crazy:

I cant wait for the tall deck LSX. Rumor has it that it is capable of 572ci or 9.3l according to articles I'v been reading on other GM forums. If thats true then wow is all I have to say.

Not sure what articles you read but the tall deck will be capable of 511ci (4.25" bore 4.5"stroke) compared to the standard block which can go to 482ci (4.25" bore and 4.25" stroke). IMO its not even worth waiting for the tall deck. Going with an overized stroke is just not my style though. JMO though...

I think some of you guys are missing the Corvette vs Viper argument here.. no doubt the vette is a BAD ASS car... and it can run 7 second quarter miles and have 1 BILLLION horsepower or whatever.... but let not forget Civics and Ford Focuses have been built up in the past to run 7 and 8 second quarter miles too.

Thats not the point i was trying to make earlier...

I think the Viper has an exotic look, and feel... and even non 'car people' are more likely to turn their domes and check out your ride because it has the Ferrari and Lambo style and appeal. I think no doubt the vette is a badass car, and the Z06 is more of a modern day supercar compared to the viper mechanically, but I think Chevy needs to up the ante and have their flagship editions such as the Z06 and SS "blue devil" models look more flashy and exotic when trying to compete in the high end sports car market. With prices ranging from 75K (Z06) to possibly over $100K... they need to make a massive jump exterior wise to make it worth it and compare to the Viper in not only the performance area, but the visual appeal.

If not, why not just buy a C6 and throw some TT's on it, beef up the suspension and some other crap and you can have something that is probably just as quick as the Z06 and can possibly look better without spending $30k + more for a Z06?

The Viper doesnt have a cheaper brother that you can modify... its what it is, and only the people who can afford one can have one so you wont see a lot of people with them. Hell my 23yr old friend just bought a 2007 C6 and my neighbor just bought his daughter an 06 C6 for graduating... lets see that happen with a Viper.

HP doesnt sell a vehicle completely for me. Thats why I bought a 300C SRT8 and not a C6 ... although it was a tough decision!

Edited by punkt71 (see edit history)