Tranny Flush

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not trying to jack the thread here, but when did dex 6 come into use?

Dex-6 is OEM fill on 4L70E transmission, it was introduced with that tranny. I'm pretty sure it is standard fill on the new 6-speed auto as well.

Mr. P.

My understanding is that Dex-6 is synthetic, however reports from users say that shift feel with Dex-6 is just the same as if using Dex-3, and the maker says that Dex-6 is safe to use in place of Dex-3 (but not vice-versa). This is quite a feat as Dex-6 is much thinner than Dex-3 so you will see a tad improvement in mileage during cold vehicle operation.

Mr. P.

:withstupid:

Dex-6 is OEM fill on 4L70E transmission, it was introduced with that tranny. I'm pretty sure it is standard fill on the new 6-speed auto as well.

Mr. P.

:withstupid: All 2007 autos have it.

OK, back to the topic of the transmission flush... I just picked up the truck, and the tech said the fluid coming out was almost as clean as the new Dex III going in. That was good news. No signs of any excessive wear, burned fluid, or any other bad stuff. The truck has just a tick under 35000 miles. Of course, I baby it a bit. Good news for a change, though.

OK, back to the topic of the transmission flush... I just picked up the truck, and the tech said the fluid coming out was almost as clean as the new Dex III going in. That was good news. No signs of any excessive wear, burned fluid, or any other bad stuff. The truck has just a tick under 35000 miles. Of course, I baby it a bit. Good news for a change, though.

Take care of your truck, It'll take care of you! :thumbs:

just getting a flush without changing the filter is an overhaul waiting to happen. all your doing then is stirring up all the crap and it will end up clogging your filter.

:withstupid: I agree, we have had a couple failures at work for this reason, granted the 4L60s are weak to begin with...........just flushing causes more problems down the road, you should drop the pan too

Take care of your truck, It'll take care of you!

:thumbs::chevy: