Electric Water Pump?

That answer the question I just had... SS_bnoon_SS had said to let the coolant free flow and have the pump be wired to come on at the right temperatures (which was what I thought was the correct application of these things), but I had also heard about the whole warpage issues... Since water pumps are rated to a certain number of hours, wouldn't running it all the time shorten the life of it? I realize the difference between running when truck is on vs when truck is hot is like spare change, but even that adds up...

So if I does this, can anyone tell me the meizere or equivalent part number and whatever else I need (part wise) for install?

Thanks everyone for answering my questions...

i was also concerned about this as well. if you ran it every single minute for 2 solid years. then yes it needs rebuilt. but on average with these with normal amount of driving youll have about 4-5 yrs atleast...now that varies on how you drive with mileage and etc.

also they have rebuild kits for cheap

That answer the question I just had... SS_bnoon_SS had said to let the coolant free flow and have the pump be wired to come on at the right temperatures (which was what I thought was the correct application of these things), but I had also heard about the whole warpage issues... Since water pumps are rated to a certain number of hours, wouldn't running it all the time shorten the life of it? I realize the difference between running when truck is on vs when truck is hot is like spare change, but even that adds up...

So if I does this, can anyone tell me the meizere or equivalent part number and whatever else I need (part wise) for install?

Thanks everyone for answering my questions...

I've only ever run electric water pumps off of progressive controllers. With progressive controllers, you don't run a T-stat because it shortens the life of the pump. With on/off or high/low switches running the pump, you have to run a stat with holes in it like Quik mentioned.

i run a EWP. yes its pricey. my accesories are Fbodys tho. one guy on PT.net used one but he used 2 sets of gaskets so it would be spaced out far enough to run truck accesories

belt routing is the same as a stock pump.

Belt routing isn't like stock if you're running the truck accessories. You either have to relocate the idler pulley with a Speartech (or custom made) bracket, or run car accessories, in order to clear the front/upper coolant tube.

Edited by SS_bnoon_SS (see edit history)