Long Tubes?

RacerJJ

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:withstupid: ..... good question

everyone says the long tubes produce better, but how much HP are we talking about. I've heard guys say that not running cats is only worth 3% increase so it's not worth it to take them out, but what is the difference between the shorts-mids-and long tubes...3%???10%???? any one done any ET/dyno tests before and after?

Brad

I run pace setters and there was a HUGE difference the day I put them on. I also run cats, but wish i didnt even though there is no gain, I'm more concerned with blowing up my motor by clogging one. I just sold a set of OBX headers to another member and hopefully he will be getting them on soon and be able tell us how they are. CNE ran a set of them also. The pace setters are not much more money than the shorties out there and the OBX's are only $530 shipped. If you were going to get the dynatechs? then I would say yeah, not worth the gain. $1,500 for 10-20hp...nope. You can buy a cam and pay to have it installed for that.

$$$$ has been my main hang up on LT's. Like was said $1500 for 10-20 hp just doesnt seem worth it and I am afraid you also get what you pay for so i havent considered a cheaper brand like pacesetter but most seem to be happy so dunno.

pacesetters all the way. the first thing i did to my truck was full exhaust and it was well worth it. after i installed my exhaust and LT's, there was a huge noticable difference in HP, especially in the mid range HP.

well i cant tel you numbers on a dyno but i can tell you this i went from mid legnth headers to long tubes with full dual 3 inch all the way back and with the mids i went 12.7 and after the switch i went 11.9 both were on 22's and the only other thing i changed was blowers. same amount of boost but thats a big change for those little mods and tuning. imo for the price of pacesetter they are a great mod. however you can get some of the obx stainless headers for like 500 bucks, they are exact copies of the dynatech's. since you running n/a and have a stock 6.0 they wont show you as big of gains. and for the stock 6.0 i would probably not go with dual 3" more like dual 2.5 or 2.75 and when you lose to much back pressure you lose some bottom end.

I run pace setters and there was a HUGE difference the day I put them on. I also run cats, but wish i didnt even though there is no gain, I'm more concerned with blowing up my motor by clogging one. I just sold a set of OBX headers to another member and hopefully he will be getting them on soon and be able tell us how they are. CNE ran a set of them also. The pace setters are not much more money than the shorties out there and the OBX's are only $530 shipped. If you were going to get the dynatechs? then I would say yeah, not worth the gain. $1,500 for 10-20hp...nope. You can buy a cam and pay to have it installed for that.

LOL Man It is worth the gain on the OBX headers for shure man these things fit my 04 AWD like frigen a glove man I culden't belive it! As far as the hastle I dont know it took me all day today to install these & seized stock collector bolts ect was a pain :mad: . I just got my saw a cut off the old stuff used copper SCE header gaskets stock header bolts with thredlocker and bolted them in coming up through the bottom! Re adjusted my Borla and bolted up the rest of the pipes to it no clerance issued WHAT SO EVER no tuching the frame or driveshaft! The real pain is the back rear driver side header bolt & spark plug & damn spark plug wire :banghead: I went out for the first drive and this thing is a beast now man I love it. Huge SOTP gain now I need to get it tuned smells really rich. Hope this helps other people out on the fitament & quality of these.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm still deciding if I want to deal with install because it doesn't sound very fun. I had my shorty's installed and they told me that it was a pain.

the headers are not hard to install at all, me and reynaldo did mine in 30 min.

Thanks for the input everyone. I'm still deciding if I want to deal with install because it doesn't sound very fun. I had my shorty's installed and they told me that it was a pain.

Install of the dynatech sucked for me but I didn't have air tools. Taking the old headers out was no doubt the hardess part. I'd recommend putting the front up on jack stands and removing the front wheels. That made it so much easier bolting the LT's in. The LT header install was one of my first major installs. I know I could do it quicker now but back then I took my time.

mine were cake to install...now hard was on my old dodge with the 4.7 trying to install a set of jba shorties....actually have to jack the engine up to get them in....bout a 4 hour job.