MILITARY SERVICE

DaJoker SS

I know there are more military retirees besides me, right?

I spent almost 22 years in the Army, although a tactical Mil Intelligence guy, I spent my entire career in Tactical divisions: Two combat tours to Iraq, one to Kuwait (babysitting the Iraqi border before/during the Tower Attacks), one combat tour to Panama, three tours to Korea, and one nice assignment to Germany (babysitting the East German border with Scouts-during the Cold War). I have served with the 101st Air Assault, 82d Airborne (there is a difference), 7th ID (light), 4th ID (Mech), 3rd ID, 2nd ID, 2 AD, and the 3rd ACR (yes, I have definitely been around).

My wife is an Active duty LT (P) about to be a CPT (Physician Assistant) we are now here in Central Texas; she has 12 years in. Her brother is a SFC, flight medic with 14 years in, and her other brother is a CPT in Ordnance. What a family of military service members all having served in Iraq or Afghanistan.

I am still getting used to retirement, currently finishing my Ph.D in Organization Management-Leadership. To be able to have an input in future leaders of our Great Country.

I salute all whom still serve. I have served and always will. Air Assault!!

Did 7 years active in the Army (Airborne) & 3 in the Gaurd, my brothers a Staff Sgt in 82nd Airborne now, spending another 12-15 months playing in the sand box(his 3rd tour).

Now I'm a defense contractor(6 yrs) also on submarines.