Volant Scoop

Luke

I was wondering if anyone with a Volant intake is using the Scoop too? I drive mainly on the highway, so I think it would help out a bit. Not too sure if it is worth the extra $140. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I was wondering if anyone with a Volant intake is using the Scoop too? I drive mainly on the highway, so I think it would help out a bit. Not too sure if it is worth the extra $140. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

I used one when I had a Volant and I am using part of one with my Outlaw now. I got a deal on mine from another member so it was worth it for me. $140 is a rip off IMO. If you are handy with mild fabrication you could probably make one for a fraction of that cost. If I were you, I wouldn't spend that money. Plus, it really makes the filter dirty a lot faster.

Plus, it really makes the filter dirty a lot faster.

Yeah, I thought about that. I just bought an Amsoil filter ($$$) and I don't want to shorten the life any. What else could I burn $140 bucks on? Hmm...

i have the ram air scoop and i didn't see any et drop from it, but i also let my truck cool down between passes. I did notice i can hot lap with less et drop now. i got around .5 worse MPG. However when i'm moving, the IAT temp is the outside temp. I also noticed that when it got plugged with snow the truck couldn't breath enough for my current tune, i was getting KR real bad, so it must help by allowing better programing.

Brad

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

I also noticed that when it got plugged with snow the truck couldn't breath enough for my current tune, i was getting KR real bad, so it must help by allowing better programing.

Brad

There is no way I could have one (at least year round). I don't know how I could forget, but the blowing snow around here is nasty. This was last winter (back of the truck facing the wind!).Winter

I may just save up for a cat back exhaust.

There is no way I could have one (at least year round). I don't know how I could forget, but the blowing snow around here is nasty. This was last winter (back of the truck facing the wind!).Winter

I may just save up for a cat back exhaust.

out of the whole winter i only had one time when it got plugged, so not bad odds, but if your winters are worse then Wisconsin...then it might not be a good idea.

• 2 weeks later...