I Got a new Tune

I took my 05' SS to Ryne at CMS for a dyno tune and he got some impressive numbers. My base line numbers were 309hp and 373tq. After a few runs he got my tuck putting down 338hp and 403tq. The graph looked a lot better too, it carried the power a lot higher in the RPM's and the graph lines were a lot smoother. i also had him leave it a little rich so i can spray. I will post the graphs once i get my scanner hooked up.

dyno1tl6.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-11

dyno2jf4.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-11

Edited by ssdan (see edit history)

I took my 05' SS to Ryne at CMS for a dyno tune and he got some impressive numbers. My base line numbers were 309hp and 373tq. After a few runs he got my tuck putting down 340hp and 405tq. The graph looked a lot better too, it carried the power a lot higher in the RPM's and the graph lines were a lot smoother. i also had him leave it a little rich so i can spray. I will post the graphs once i get my scanner hooked up.

whats up dan i thought you fell off of the earth? did ryan tune your truck? CMS= cuningham motorsports? was that on a dyno jet, dyno dynamics dyno or mustang dyno?

I kinda fell off the face of the earth, ive been up in Oregon at school. :confused: but im back for another month before i have to go back up. Yea, Ryne at Cunningham Motor Sports tuned it, he's been getting some big numbers out of his tunes. It was on a dyno dynamics dyno in Laguna hills. Ryne's looking to buy one so we went over there to test out the dyno and he used my truck as the test vehicle and tunned it at the same time. And no it was on all motor :D but hopefully Ryne should have his own dyno soon so ill post the numbers i get while im on the bottle.

Edited by ssdan (see edit history)

I kinda fell off the face of the earth, ive been up in Oregon at school. :confused: but im back for another month before i have to go back up. Yea, Ryne at Cunningham Motor Sports tuned it, he's been getting some big numbers out of his tunes. It was on a dyno dynamics dyno in Laguna hills. Ryne's looking to buy one so we went over there to test out the dyno and he used my truck as the test vehicle and tunned it at the same time. And no it was on all motor :D but hopefully Ryne should have his own dyno soon so ill post the numbers i get while im on the bottle.

can you post your graph? what gear did you do the pulls in?

Edited by 12'SROCK (see edit history)

dan why is your hp peak so low? we basically have the same mods but mine goes makes the power all the way to 6K

It's probably due to the way the tach reference was hooked up. With your first couple of pulls we were using the tire reference, the later ones were with ignition pickup.

Justin

im not sure why my peak power is low but i know that with the truck manifolds the runners are too long to flow enough air to make power at high RPM's but the long runners give us more power at low RPM's.