OEM Tires

Luke

For all of you still runinng stock wheels, how many miles were you able to get out of the OEM tires? I'm about ready to turn 29,000 on the original set. I noticed that they are slightly cupped and I wonder if this is adding to the dreaded "grawl" up front.

For all of you still runinng stock wheels, how many miles were you able to get out of the OEM tires? I'm about ready to turn 29,000 on the original set. I noticed that they are slightly cupped and I wonder if this is adding to the dreaded "grawl" up front.

I put over 60K on mine. :dunno:

Wow! :eek: I had no idea. I still have well over 5/16" tread on all of them, so I guess I'll just run em' bald.

I did that with my last vehicle(2001 Silverado ECSB). I traded it in with over 70K miles and stock tires lol :crackup: But I did hydroplane going down the interstate. Lucky for me I had it in 4H or something and traction control kicked in and saved my @ss. It's not easy to recover from a 70 mph hydroplane in a truck.

I'll admit that I am a very aggressive driver, just ask my friends. I have always rotated every 6K, and rebalanced & rotated every 12K. I have 35k on my Goodyears and I'm shopping 4 new replacements as we speak. In short, I might get the FULL 36K from these...

Edited by Bad Bowtie (see edit history)

Im sitting at 44K and I can tell the difference in handling at say 80 on a sharp on-ramp to the freeway, the back tires will get squirrely, but then again these are BFG, so that may be the reason...Good amount of tread left, probably another 10K worth left...

May I suggest trashing the Goodyears and purchasing the General Grabbers? The Generals dont look as pretty, but they are much cheaper and way better. (Just read the Tire Rack reviews) I just drove from Pennsylvania to Florida and back (2200 miles) with absolutely no problems. The Generals are stupid quiet and slice through the crazy Florida rain like a knife. Just my 2 cents.