GM Diesels in half ton trucks soon

punkt71

i dunno if they are actually going to do it. i mean dont get me wrong it would definitely be awsome, but theyve been talking about this for over a year, and thats all its been, just talk. i would definitely consider tradin in my truck for one though, and slappin on a banks kit, no one would ever expect it.

That would be pretty neat. How they would keep the engine light enough for a 1/2 ton suspension .. would be interesting.

They put one in a '65 Impala on Pimp My Ride recently. The modified LBZ Duramax put out 800hp and

1400lbft of torque, and its gets to 60mph in just 3.5 seconds :eek:

You gotta see my good friends truck. Next time we go to the track, you should come. His heavily built Duramax lays down these numbers and makes me look bad. :ughdance: He has a Club Cab 2500 with step bars, a plow hook-up, big trailer hitch and receiver and 33 inch BFG A/T's,...lays down 12.00 @110 with a mild tune and 30psi. He is looking for a record this fall when he cranks up the Aurora turbo to ~50psi. I am expecting to see some mid to low 11's with no weight reduction and a 10.99 isn't out of the question if he drops the plow set-up and gets some sticky tires.

Now how would it feel to get crushed by a CC 4x4 when you are in your C6 Z06? We will have to get some video :crackup:

You gotta see my good friends truck. Next time we go to the track, you should come. His heavily built Duramax lays down these numbers and makes me look bad. :ughdance: He has a Club Cab 2500 with step bars, a plow hook-up, big trailer hitch and receiver and 33 inch BFG A/T's,...lays down 12.00 @110 with a mild tune and 30psi. He is looking for a record this fall when he cranks up the Aurora turbo to ~50psi. I am expecting to see some mid to low 11's with no weight reduction and a 10.99 isn't out of the question if he drops the plow set-up and gets some sticky tires.

Now how would it feel to get crushed by a CC 4x4 when you are in your C6 Z06? We will have to get some video :crackup:

My guess is you will see nothing but a cloud of black smoke coming out of that diesel and would probably lose site of the vette half way down the track. :driving: Those motors can handle a 50psi boost :confused: that is insane, i cant imagine how bada@@ that thing must sound.

My guess is you will see nothing but a cloud of black smoke coming out of that diesel and would probably lose site of the vette half way down the track. :driving: Those motors can handle a 50psi boost :confused: that is insane, i cant imagine how bada@@ that thing must sound.

It is a fully built motor, I am not sure on the specs but I can get them. Actually, when it gets going, it isn't that bad with the smoke,...the launch is bad though.

The question is... how big and how much does a turbo cost that can push 50 PSI of air?? holy shat :crazy:

Cost,...well it was up there. When you want to go fast you have to spend the $$$. Funny thing is the tranny cost more than my blower and tranny combined. Anyway, he has been tweeking this turbo for a while now (before it was available in a kit) and has some really awesome results. Here is a description of the turbo:

Aurora 5000 by ATS

For maximum power and boost, there is just no substitute for The Aurora 5000 Turbo. The Aurora 5000 utilizes a five inch compressor intake and is capable of boost levels of over 60 PSI. This is the only single turbo available that is capable of producing power levels of over 700 HP on diesel fuel alone while still allowing street manners. The Aurora 5000 turbo is not intended for heavy towing applications due to it's very large compressor - any towing should be done in lower gears such as 4th.