Oil Pressure Pegged?

454MATT

Hey guys i did search and came up with nothing, when my truck is running the oil pressure gauge is pegged at the top of the arc and never moves unless you turn the key off, then it goes back to zero... I'm guessing oil pressure sending unit and i picked one up today, but it looks to be near impossible to change out with the radix on... If its not that, then the next logical step would be the cluster right? That would be nice and expensive....

Any idea's?

Matt

my wifes tahoe just did the same thing danny sprayed 99 came over and we changed the oil pressure sending unit it is on top of the block behind the intake manifold you actually have to pull the intake to change it i tried changing the gauges first but that did not fix it but you can definitly try it you can buy the sending unit at oreillys for like 30.00 find a buddy with an 03 or newer truck and try their gauges first

Edited by pimp ss (see edit history)

Damn.....so if its not the cluster then i have to pull my radix off.....Whata pain in the ass... Would be a great excuse to upgrade to the 122, if only i could afford it. I already bought the part at the dealership for 80.00 :banghead: . Well i really can't see this getting changed anytime soon now.

Whats been the average cost of the 112 to the 122 conversion costing these days?

Matt

if you paid 80.00 bucks for that part at the dealer ship then take it back the one from oreillys or auto zone will work grteat and as far as t5he super charger talk to danny sprayed 99 he will know all about it

Whats been the average cost of the 112 to the 122 conversion costing these days?

Matt

Unfortuneatly, there is no conversion. You have to just buy the 122 blower (i paid $4400) then swap the 112 with the 122, then sell the 112. I sold my 112 with 90mm TB and j-tube for $3k, so i upgraded for a total of $1400.

Pulling the radix shouldnt be that hard...maybe an hour...10 bolts, 8 injector connections, take the belt off, and the sensors unplugged. It took me a while to install the radix, but alot of it was the little stuff like the tensioner bracket, intercooler pump, fuel pump, wiring, etc. I am highly confident I could pull it rather quickly and probably put it back within an hour or so as well.

Pulling the radix shouldnt be that hard...maybe an hour...10 bolts, 8 injector connections, take the belt off, and the sensors unplugged. It took me a while to install the radix, but alot of it was the little stuff like the tensioner bracket, intercooler pump, fuel pump, wiring, etc. I am highly confident I could pull it rather quickly and probably put it back within an hour or so as well.

Yeah i'm just being lazy. I'm really picky so i'm banking on three hours so i can clean everything up before i put it back together. I can't remember since i put it on so long ago, do i need any gaskets or anything before i start and i believe there is a special tool for removing and installing the sending unit, correct?

woops double post...dam computer

Edited by 454MATT (see edit history)