Major Fuel trim issues + others I suspect

fox_forma

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

pulled a few plugs, they werent white but more or less had some grey to them which I assume is on the verge of being lean. Here is a pic, kinda hard to really focus in on it but either way I'm going to switch out the plugs today.

post-6368-1187288519_thumb.jpg

It's his long term trims. They're moving in unison (signifies that it's not an exhaust problem) and raising as manifold pressure raises. If no leaks exist, then it's likely that he's having a fueling issue... quite possibly damaged FPR diaphragm.

hey justin, any idea why the trims went a good amount higher with the stock pcm? Should i put the tuned pcm back in?

It's a freak occurance... unless the condition is worsening as time goes on. None of the primary air/fuel injector tables are changed from the tuned to the stock one.

ok cool, I just changed all the plugs out as well, they looked greyish so thats a lean condition I assume. Hopefully it was just a sealing problem with the intake tube or something that is corrected now. Gonna run the tank out then try to get some more logging next week.

Oh and what is a FPR diaphragm?

ok cool, I just changed all the plugs out as well, they looked greyish so thats a lean condition I assume. Hopefully it was just a sealing problem with the intake tube or something that is corrected now. Gonna run the tank out then try to get some more logging next week.

Oh and what is a FPR diaphragm?

fuel pressure regulator diaphram , it keeps the fpr from getting pregnant.

lol

it is what regulate the fuel pressure to you rrails , all of the unused fuel is then sent back to the tank( return fuel system) the fpr is on the fuel rail so if it is the problem it shouldnt be to hard to fix. unlike the 04+ returnless the fpr is in the tank.

no access to a fuel pressure gauge. What should it do when disconnected? Right now we have a sand storm blowing through so I cant do it just yet. Should some fuel or something came out when I disconnected with the truck off? Oh and should I pull both sides off or just the one?

ok, fired the truck up and let it idle, pulled the line and basically idle dropped for a second and you could air being sucked in, or maybe out, only had a second to do it with all the sand and rain that was starting to come through. Reconnected it and everything seems normal for the most part. Anything else?